Pearl of the Week!

Cumingi

GELLNER_Stars in Heaven.jpg

The "Stars in Heaven" ring is truly amazing. It comes from German brand Gellner and was just awarded the "Fashion Jewellery" prize at Inhorgenta's jewellery show in Munich, Germany, last week. It fascinates with breathtaking contrasts: fine 750 rose gold and blackened stainless steel (ionized) offer "an expressive platform for a mysterious and shiny cultured pearl. The precious Tahitian pearl with its irisdecent shimmer stands in exciting contrasts to the rough charm of steel." (tells the press release).
Of course, you have noticed that the pearl has been slightly sliced (about 1/3) to fit the design.
Michaël Weggenmann, Gellner's creative director, seems to be on the same wavelength as other disruptive designers like Melanie Georgacopulos or Hisano Shepherd : considering pearl in a less "sacred" way and not afraid to play with the gem in a fresh and attractive new way. One jury member said that Gellner "succeeded in giving pearl jewelry a young feel again over the past few decades." Could not agree more. Stars in Heaven is presented as a declaration of love to the strong woman. Pearls rock!

OOOO, I like it. I have mixed feelings about black metals, but that is velvety black.

I have to say this image really jumped off the screen and grabbed my attention. Wow! I can see one of Douglas's mabes in this design!

That is very beautiful and definitely pearl of the week worthy! (POTW has been on hiatus - should be back soon)

Back