X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's Bracelet - need ideas

Hey guys,

I ave a customer that owns one of my unisex tahitian pearl bracelets :

and he wants to dress it up a bit or at least do something a little different and make it a one of a kind piece. Off the top of my head I'm a little stumped, I think its perfect as is - but I tend to think thats because its my design.

I'd love to hear from some of the beaders as to what they might do to change things up. Any ideas?

It is for a 40-50 year old man that wants to wear it on special occasions, BTW.
    Kevin Canning
    Pearls Of Joy
    www.PearlsOfJoy.com
    Read My Blog
    FaceBook Fan Page
    1-800-451-1411

Do you have something in mind when calling out to beaders in particular? It sort of depends what 'dressing up' means (e.g. cubes and drops). To me, it would mean a sculpted black Ti clasp with a connector bead to match... for example (getting the metal finish to mimic the surface of the pearls - somewhat brighter and consistent black without any hint of color, brings pearl overtones up, IMO)...
    Last edited by Valeria101; 09-28-2006, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Hi Kevin & Ana,

If it is for a man and dressy occasions, try carving the pearls and inlay some diamonds here and there.

Zeide
      Last edited by Zeide Erskine; 09-28-2006, 02:13 PM.

Comment

hmmm.. How about changing th clasp to yellow gold in color.. that always kicks it up a notch.

or restring it with a different accenting but contrasing color stringlike gold or red with a gold clasp????

Just my 2 bits

cheers
        Ash

Comment

You could try mixing in gemstone beads. I'm partial to these lapis lazuli beads from firemountaingems:
          http://www.firemountaingems.com/deta...p?PN=H207517GS
          or these:
          http://www.firemountaingems.com/deta...p?PN=H203414GS
          Not really sure if the colors would be complementary, but you did ask for "any" ideas...

Comment

I think adding a clasp with diamonds would be the best way to dress it up without taking away from its current appearance. Perhaps you can find a masculine clasp that is encrusted with diamonds.

Comment

[QUOTE=PearlsOfJoy.com]Hey guys,

I ave a customer that owns one of my unisex tahitian pearl bracelets :

and he wants to dress it up a bit or at least do something a little different and make it a one of a kind piece.
              I think this bracelet is charming as it is but if he must have something that dresses it up, I suggest a single black diamond or something like that (not to small) if it is to fit the Tahitians.
              Last edited by jerin; 09-30-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Now that is a great idea. A black diamond would look incredible. I like the idea of mixing them with any Tahitian pieces.
                Jeremy Shepherd
                President and Founder
                PearlParadise.com, Inc.
                The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
                PearlParadise.com on Flickr
                PearlParadise.com on Facebook
                Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

I gotta say, I love the idea of adding black diamonds to the piece, what do you guys think about adding 2 rondells near the middle ecrusted with black diamonds?
                  Kevin Canning
                  Pearls Of Joy
                  www.PearlsOfJoy.com
                  Read My Blog
                  FaceBook Fan Page
                  1-800-451-1411

Comment

I say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by PearlsOfJoy.com
                      I gotta say, I love the idea of adding black diamonds to the piece, what do you guys think about adding 2 rondells near the middle ecrusted with black diamonds?
                      I was actually going to suggest putting a single one in the center of the bracelet - but two of them actually sounds better.

Using two rondells will break up the bracelet into three parts which is actually more pleasing to the eye. One of the basics in design is that groupings of three create more interest and stimulate your brain more than pairs.

Comment

ya I'm looking into getting some rondelles with black diamonds and also a toggle clasp with black diamonds incorporated. If this pans out I'm gonna have to make myself one - I love the idea of black diamonds and Tahitians.
                        Kevin Canning
                        Pearls Of Joy
                        www.PearlsOfJoy.com
                        Read My Blog
                        FaceBook Fan Page
                        1-800-451-1411

Comment

Uh, silly question here. Some of you suggested upgrading the clasp. Isn't the clasp meant to be one of the least visible parts of the bracelet? I suppose a better clasp would be gratifying to the owner, but would it be that noticeable to others? Having never worn such a bracelet, I can't speak from experience.

The black diamond rondelle idea does sound like a winner.

Comment

well when I wear my bracelet I usually keep the clasp on the top of my wrist as I think it makes the bracelet and gives it the right masculine feel. I don't like dressing up clasps on necklaces much, but with a bracelet its so visible I think you need to consider the clasp as a very important part of the piece.
                            Kevin Canning
                            Pearls Of Joy
                            www.PearlsOfJoy.com
                            Read My Blog
                            FaceBook Fan Page
                            1-800-451-1411

Comment

Making the clasp the centerpiece instead of an afterthought. Actually, now that I think about it, that's a great idea. Hmmm. Maybe in a year or so when I've got 350 extra dollars...

Comment

Working...
                              X