Ombre pearl ideas

staceyjan

Community member
Is there a thread that has pics of Ombre pearls? I know that I would love a strand and would love to see options.

Use the search feature and enter ombre. Look inside the threads. Cees posted a thread on akoya ombre pearls so ombre is in the title. I just saw a lot of them at the gem show, so they are still popular. :)

Here are a few shots of mine:

1.jpg

3-16-16 1.jpg

neck shot.jpg

ear shot 2 5-5-15.jpg

ear shot 1 5-5-15.jpg

Earrings 2.jpg

Earrings.jpg

Beautiful pearl ladies. Thanks for the ideas!

BAS, I also enjoyed seeing your posts and was surprised that no one commented. I also work in a school and feel like whenever I get something new or wear something that I haven't worn in a long time somebody does comment. Do you wear any bracelets? Maybe they are too delicate since you are hands-on all day?

I never wear bracelets. Ever. They bother me. And, sadly, I've stopped wearing my rings to work since I'm washing my hands and tying shoes and touching paint, glue, snot, etc. all day. The hazards of working with Pre-K students!

I actually kind of enjoy the fact that my pearls go mostly un-noticed. I'm wearing them for me, after all.

I had an ombre triple-strand baroque pearl necklace in my Etsy shop a while back, but I took it down because I'm considering keeping it. I'll find a pic for you.

I never wear bracelets. Ever. They bother me. And, sadly, I've stopped wearing my rings to work since I'm washing my hands and tying shoes and touching paint, glue, snot, etc. all day. The hazards of working with Pre-K students!

I actually kind of enjoy the fact that my pearls go mostly un-noticed. I'm wearing them for me, after all.

With a daughter about to graduate from pre-K, I salute you for your patience! Pre-K teachers are saints.

Bailey1856 also made a beautiful ombre Tahitian strand, maybe you can look for it.

Here are a few from my inspiration files:

Michelle Obama in ombre ropes from Pearl Paradise:

michelleobamaPP1.jpgmichelleobamaPP4.jpg

Mikimoto:

Miki color graduated.jpg

Yoko London Twilight:

Yoko Twilight (Akoya SS & Tahitian 8-14mm).jpgYoko WSS & T double.jpg

Yoko London Blossom:

Attachments

• Yoko Blossom ombre with sapphire rondelles.jpg
    Yoko Blossom ombre with sapphire rondelles.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Blossom triple.jpg
    Blossom triple.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 37
Ohhhh KaySD, those are all gorgeous!

Wow!!! Thank you, everyone for sharing. I love all the ideas and just asked Erin from PP to be on the lookout if she sees hues that would create an ombré look when they go to HK. I would love to learn how to string my own one day, too.

Dear lord those YOKO strands are amazing ... I've seen some in person and they were truly stunning. Gemgeek you found some beautiful photos !
Staceyjan - you can easily learn to do your own necklaces ! Once you get started you will never look back ! At the HK show there are several people who do beautiful ombré using Akoya and Tahitian .. Really stunning colours with a lovely gradation of shades.

Back