Advanced Style

I am so glad a couple of other people posted they follow this blog; that means probably even more people who didn't post follow it too.

I think P-G has a penchant for for us old folks! And some day the official organs of the cultured pearl world will notice how great old lady models are, for pearls!!!

And include us in the pearl marketing and advertising. Pearl-wearing Advanced Style types belong in some fancy ads, like in the New Yorker, yes? (the only magazine I have ever subscribed to.)

BTW thanks for the couple of remarks that I don't dress that badly, LOL, but, my outfits rarely pass the daughter-inspection, "You aren't going to wear THAT, are you mom?" And since everything I wear is from second hand stores, my clothes are often in that awkward, "out of style, but not yet vintage" look that 2nd hand stores specialize in. My fashion-conscious girls refer to it as, "Social Security Style" -hardly, "Advanced" ;)

Caitlin, link your daughter to the blog :)

I am just getting told, "but it's all black!" with a disgusted look.

- Karin

I love black. Of course we have a big white dog and a little white dog and they both shed all over everything, esp. my black clothes, lol.

Caitlin dear, first of all, you always look wonderful. Second ... no one passes the "daughter" test ... it's a fact of nature LOL. In our family though, it's the daughter who frequents the thrift shops, and me the mom who says 'WHAT are you wearing and where did you get it?" Fortunately, usually, she finds wonderful silk, linen, wools, in exquisite forms ... usually for $2.00 :)

Love this.. Thanks Caitlin (who ALWAYS sparkles!) .. I will sign up for this too, as I love to see what fashion limits can be pushed at any age.
I also enjoy Passage des Perles Blog.. the Duchesse is sharp as a tack, hilarious and a great fashion resource for ladies who are "50 and better" :)
http://passagedesperles.blogspot.com/

Looking forward to seeing you sparkle soon!

Back