No announcement yet.

Miley Cyrus Spreading Lies about Pearls and Pearl Farming on Instagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read that vegetables give off little screams as they're harvested.

Comment

Marianne and Lisa you guys are too funny.

Comment

Originally posted by jshepherd View Post
        Apparently Miley Cyrus believes it is cruel to repopulate entire eco-systems with mollusks that have no central nervous systems and no brain so feel no pain, have no emotions and no feelings of any kind. Apparently she also believes it's cruel to give these sedentary creatues that are more like plants than animals the longest lives of any mollusks living in and around a farm and protect them, clean them and make sure they are always healthy.

It's just sad.
        It's nice to know that they don't feel pain!

Comment

Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
          The Peta recommendation to wear artificial pearls was the most stunningly STUPID comment, sigh ...

Has anyone pointed out to her or PETA that artificial pearls are made from dead fish scales?

Comment

True! Peta is recommending people wear dead fish scales without even realizing it. THAT is true ignorance. In case they ever find this thread, they should know that fish do have brains and can feel pain.

I filed an intellectual property complaint with Instagram this morning. Who knows whether or not it will work, but it's a lot cheaper than having our attorney go after it.
            Jeremy Shepherd
            President and Founder
            PearlParadise.com, Inc.
            The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
            PearlParadise.com on Flickr
            PearlParadise.com on Facebook
            Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

I hope that works out for you Jeremy! In the mean time, as a parent of young adults...I can say that NONE of them care an ounce about what Miley says or does. In their eyes, she's had her 15 minutes.
              http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
              Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

And where would any pearl farmer just come up with a bucket of parasites to insert into pearls?! Really?!
                I am beyond speechless.

Comment

The good news is that those people who listen to MC aren't your pearl customers. They're still kids and too poor to buy anything. Give them time to grow up and learn to use their brain and they will learn that everything they read from the mouths of celebrities is not real. IMHO, Miley is one messed up person. I could never like her, even in her innocent days.

Comment

Wow, this is really a slap in the face to every sustainable pearl farmer. I agree with amti, I doubt the pearl-buying public is taking pearl advice from Miley Cyrus. ...so ignorant. She has no idea that pearl farming is actually really good for the environment, unlike other types of gem mining.

Comment

she may have a lot of followers, but I don't think anybody takes her seriously(apart from tweens).

No bueno if she's stealing your photos though, I wouldn't be happy with that either.
                      Kevin Canning
                      Pearls Of Joy
                      www.PearlsOfJoy.com
                      Read My Blog
                      FaceBook Fan Page
                      1-800-451-1411

Comment

It looks like she is using a stolen photo from Pure Pearls too in the same post.
                        Jeremy Shepherd
                        President and Founder
                        PearlParadise.com, Inc.
                        The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
                        PearlParadise.com on Flickr
                        PearlParadise.com on Facebook
                        Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

It looks like she just cut and pasted from different sources to make up a story. It doesn't even makes any sense. I don't think she even has a source i think she completely made it up. When i got interested in pearls I did so much research and i never came across anything she said.
                          I would be very mad if people start treating pearls like fur because of stupid Miley Cyrus.

Comment

As a dog person with a dog blog,(inactive) I have learned a lot about PETA. One thing they did -don't know if they still do- is run dog-kill shelters that no dog gets out of alive. One of the best dog-blogs going is Borderwars by Christopher Landauer. Here is one of his posts on PETA's record with dog killing in their own shelter:http://www.border-wars.com/2008/01/p...iest-year.html He has several other articles examining the founder of PETA and pointing out their entire lack of scientific foundation. Veganism is actually a political stance against humans owning dogs,or any other domestic animal. It is highly inflammatory stuff but makes no intellectual sense. Read at your own risk....
                            I told you before about Adopt A PeTA Pet = Kill 9 More, and that was only a month ago based upon then current data documenting PeTA killings up through 2005. Now I’d have to revise that title to read “Adopt A PeTA Pet = Kill 248 More” based upon the release of PeTA’s 2006 death toll.

In all of 2006, PeTA only rescued 12 …. TWELVE… pets. One pet per month.
                            In that same time, they killed 2,981 companion animals of the 3,061 they took in. That’s an adoption rate that is LESS THAN HALF OF ONE PERCENT, and a kill rate that is OVER 97%. It also makes 2006 PeTA’s deadliest year yet. They killed 248 pets for every 1 they adopted
                            I think they may have quit sheltering dogs since then, but the organization is still scurrilous.
                            Let me add that money sent to PETA to rescue animal is mostly spent on administrative salaries and raising more money. This is also true of the ASPCA, and the humane society, both of which were the primary kill-pounds for the last hundred years. Any money goes into the institution, not saving dogs and Borderwars has extremely accurate figures for both of those organizations, as well..
                            Last edited by Caitlin; 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM.
                            Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

Mussels live in the harshest environment on the planet. The upper intertidal zone. Other than a few barnacles no other species of plant or animal can exist there. Not even slime can live there, it's that harsh.

They get pummeled by logs, scoured by sand, infested with parasites and cast ashore during storms. Only one in a thousand live long enough to be come a reproductive adult, but when billions spawn millions survive.

They can't thrive buried in sediments. They have no camouflage. They cannot run and hide when attacked. They are high and dry for several hours daily, during scorching summer days and freezing winter nights. They endure huge temperature shocks, especially when most sea creatures tolerate none.

Mussels in ecology depend on rising above all other plants and animals, no less in a setting fraught with perils.

Mollusks were here long before us and they'll be here long after we're gone.

Comment

Thank you Jeremy, you did well, to say the least
                                CliClasp

My book on clasps' history with lots of pearls in : http://www.editions-terracol.com/en/...jewellery.html
                                My versatile jewelry : http://e-boutique.anna-tabakhova.com/en/
                                My vintage coral : http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnlyVintageCoral
                                Photo report on pearl exhibitions & museum (Paris, London, Berlin, Basel, Geneva ...) http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?10427

Comment

Working...
                                X