Tahitian Pearl Farming: A day in the life...

I didn't like Maryann! Maybe because she never would have worn pearls. Ginger was a diamond girl, so I'll have to go with Luvie, Mrs. Howell on this one. I always thought she was the only one with any sense. Luxurious expectations even in the face of island life. That's what I like, the best of both worlds. One day you're sleeping on the sand, the next you're hitting out of it at some amazing golf course.

Thank you Josh for transporting us to your wonderful picturesque land and letting us all see and share with you your beautiful life. I have gone back and back again to look over the amazing pictures that you have posted. Beautiful! The photo of the glorious cloud over the horizon is gorgeous. Maybe one day I can make it to Tahiti to see it all for myself and to meet you and see a gorgeous pearl being taken out of its oyster......! My best wishes to you and your team!:)

Love, love the pictures John - thanks for posting. What a life!

Thanks Amrita and John. Taking pics is a lot of fun and it's nice to have them appreciated.

They are muchly appreciated! Not easy to get those shots no matter what type of camera you use. I'm impressed!

Josh I don't know if this was asked, but why don't you make a book? I haven't seen any better photography then your shots. I have a niece who is a professional photographer and she's swept away.

why don't you make a book?
Brilliant idea, Mikeyy!

Josh, what a treasure that would be! Just so long as Kamoka is still your priority!! :D We can't do without our pearls!

This is just to show that making pearls is not all strain and hard work. Timi on the spoons, Teva wailing on the ukelele, Aristide on the garbage can base, Moke cookin' some food, and newbie Stefan taking it all in.
jamsession576.jpg

Nope, that's just the pantry. For energy saving reasons the only fridges and freezers we have are the oldschool kind you open from the top.
Where's the rum? Yarrr! 'Tis a good question.

Where's the rum? Yarrr! 'Tis a good question.

In my 20's it might have been the only question. They make rum out of every kind of thing. Ginger, lime, coconut. What's that? :confused: Kamoka Rum? Yum. Not sure I want it to taste like oysters though.:D

In my 20's it might have been the only question. They make rum out of every kind of thing. Ginger, lime, coconut. What's that? :confused: Kamoka Rum? Yum. Not sure I want it to taste like oysters though.:D

Berf! Oyster rum is definitely not on my list of wants. ;)

I am not sure about "oyster rum"... but I have cleaned out the fridge at Kamoka, and yes it did require a pressurized hose. Most everything there atleast smells like oysters. It's half the fun.
Yaaarrr!

Rum in one hand, and an oyster in the other, maybe. ;) Those kitties look like they make quick work of the fish cleanup.

not much to do with pearls, but here is a great one of a kamoka kitty, sleeping it off after Josh's birthday... Yaaar!

Attachments

• kamoka kitty.jpg
    kamoka kitty.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 34
Back