V

Valeria101

From the new webpage of the exibition:

A Royal Wedding - 20 November 1947

LINK to Pearl Necklaces & Earrings

And how they looked on :cool:

arwpgf2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a gorgeous necklace with such a gloss they look smooth.

Take a look at the close ups.

A bell shaped pearl near the front and more and more small pearls interspersed with the larger ones as you get around to the back.....and this one was worn at a Qeen-to-be's wedding..........

Caitlin Williams said:
A bell shaped pearl near the front ..........

They look positively glowing nonetheless. I wonder how, where and when the necklaces may have been composed ... and how was decided they should be the wedding pearls, from among quite some choices.

With each carrying a queen's name and having belonged to a few already, I am ready to take their look for granted as standard. ;)

PS:

Some mysterious measurements appear in their description: "18.8 x 15cm (QA), 16 x 12.5cm (QC)". I would imagine they should be millimeters instead (although the pearls look large, but maybe quite so large? What do you think?). The weight of the strands also indicate very large pearls. I am confused by the multiple pictures etc.

I guess it isn't very hard to check if the stats - weight and size and number of pearls - tally. (not at midnight though).

They look fantastic on... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at the size of those knots! They probably tried to make a necklace out of a bracelet!

knotty panda said:
Look at the size of those knots! They probably tried to make a necklace out of a bracelet!

I suspect the Holes were larger then than they are now, due to lack of modern methods and skill I am sure.. I do find the big and little pearls an interesting Idea. I also note how these are more potato is shape when you see them close up... one the less for all its uniqueness it is a pretty peice.

Cheers
Ash

Back