Hair Adornment

Your children are beautiful! I love seeing the traditional garb and hearing your story. We learn so much on this forum other than pearls. I would never have know what a hair corsage was.
The time does fly with kids, though the individual days can feel long sometimes. I, too, miss the days when my boys were this young.

Wow, that's great. Helmut, kumihimo armor and sword.

Kumihimo is one of the weaving / braiding techniques I do. I love seeing the braids in their traditional use.

My older brother used to collect swords, throwing stars and other "weapons" etc, I think he believed he was a ninja in another life . I think there are some pictures of me with a Katana too, and yes it was always fun. The throwing stars always fascinated me because of all the different styles and shapes. I should really ask him what he did with all of that.

Thanks y'all. My kids are my pride and joy. But seeing how they are hardly ever home anymore, I sure do miss those days when they kept me super busy. If you have little ones at home, please enjoy them while you can!!!

BPPD, my son is so into weapons. We took the kids to an old movie village/entertainment park in Kyoto about ten years ago. There was a ninja show and my son loved it. He bought (rubber) weapons with his own money and had them displayed for years. I bet he still has them in his room. His dream is to own a real katana one day. Right now, being in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, he gets to wear a saber when he's on horseback, so that's almost as cool as the real thing. For a while, he was saying he was going to use a katana since it was part of his heritage, but I think he realized it was not financially possible as a student. :D

Found out my sister-in-law (apparently) stepped in and did not want her kids around so many weapons while they were so young (of course the collecting was all pre-marriage). Sounds like he'd forgotten some of the things in storage and traded away others : (. I suspect his kids will get a treat now that they are much much older...now I feel really old.

Thanks y'all. My kids are my pride and joy. But seeing how they are hardly ever home anymore, I sure do miss those days when they kept me super busy. If you have little ones at home, please enjoy them while you can!!!

BPPD, my son is so into weapons. We took the kids to an old movie village/entertainment park in Kyoto about ten years ago. There was a ninja show and my son loved it. He bought (rubber) weapons with his own money and had them displayed for years. I bet he still has them in his room. His dream is to own a real katana one day. Right now, being in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets, he gets to wear a saber when he's on horseback, so that's almost as cool as the real thing. For a while, he was saying he was going to use a katana since it was part of his heritage, but I think he realized it was not financially possible as a student. :D

Awe. thanks, Pattye.

BPPD, I hope he did save the best stuff. It is hard to find authentic, good quality items and when you do, they are so expensive. I bet your brother will be able to put his kids through college selling one or two good items. When he' ready to sell, maybe my son will be ready to buy! :D

Back