Hair Adornment

BlackPearlDudeDC

Heheheh, I'm thrilled that you're looking out for tiaras for me!

I just showed the picture to a friend, she said I don't know about hair adornment, but I'd buy a smaller pair as earrings.

Oh well LoL

Usually I don't choose a favorite, but the wisteria piece, WOW!

The wisteria piece is beautiful. That hair ornament is worn with a kimono when the hair is pulled up. It's made to dangle a little. Here's an old picture of my daughter wearing one made out of silk. Copy of 258771_1914674760219_3318620_o.jpg

Amti- What a sweet picture of your daughter, thank you so much for sharing!

Amti: What a gorgeous girl in gorgeous traditional kimono!

Oh wow! Thank you all for your kind words. It's traditional to take formal kimono pictures at 3-5-7 years of age. This picture was taken when she was seven during one of the summers we spent in Japan. She's dressed as a maiko. We took photos of my son too (he was 5 at the time). I was on the fence about taking these photos because of the cost, but looking back, I'm so happy we did it. I love the photos from this session. I got my son to agree to do the photo shoot by telling him he could hold a sword dressed as a samuri warrior. lol. There were two ladies that did hair and makeup and another two that dressed the kids. I picked out the kimonos from a selection at the studio and the photographer did the rest. My daughter is now 24 and my son is 21. Where does the time go?

I was not expecting that! What a great memory you've shared, also how fun for both of them to have had that experiences so young, do they remember having done it when looking back at the photos?

Oh wow! Thank you all for your kind words. My daughter is now 24 and my son is 21. Where does the time go?

Oh wow! Thank you all for your kind words. It's traditional to take formal kimono pictures at 3-5-7 years of age. This picture was taken when she was seven during one of the summers we spent in Japan. She's dressed as a maiko. We took photos of my son too (he was 5 at the time). I was on the fence about taking these photos because of the cost, but looking back, I'm so happy we did it. I love the photos from this session. I got my son to agree to do the photo shoot by telling him he could hold a sword dressed as a samuri warrior. lol. There were two ladies that did hair and makeup and another two that dressed the kids. I picked out the kimonos from a selection at the studio and the photographer did the rest. My daughter is now 24 and my son is 21. Where does the time go?

NO WAY! You look 21.

amti, that's an adorable picture of your daughter. I can't believe you're old enough to have 2 adult children!

I was not expecting that! What a great memory you've shared, also how fun for both of them to have had that experiences so young, do they remember having done it when looking back at the photos?

Yes they do remember. It was quite a big ordeal to have several people waiting on you. Plus, with my son, the kabuto, or helmet, was really big, so he had people on both sides of him ready to catch the kabuto if it fell. Plus, what little boy would forget being able to hold a katana? This original photo is full length. I must have cropped it a while ago.

And y'all are so sweet! I wish my babies were younger. They were definitely more fun back then! ;)
259299_1914675800245_3952318_o.jpg

Love these photos, Amit! Your children are beautiful like their momma!

Back