Nail Polish Fix

Sea Urchin

I bought a wonderful (and wonderfully priced) but imperfect 16.6mm pearl and decided to try a quick nail polish fix. Don't worry, if I ever sell it I will disclose it. It's sanded with fine sandpaper and touched up with "Purple Heart" by Gosh. I think it looks better although it's not a perfect match.

Here's the good side
tring3.jpg

tring4.jpg

tring5.JPG

tring6.JPG

tring6 - Copy.jpg

Definitely a good match!

It's a shame the pearl wasn't drilled on that spot.

Thanks, hanadama. I wasn't sure if I should even post it since nail polish on pearls is known as a dirty trick from unscrupulous vendors. But, meh, it's mine. :)

It is odd that they didn't drill on that spot tho!
They might have drilled on something even worse.. :D I hope)) it turned out to be a nice ring. I wonder if the nail polish stands out more in the sunshine?.. Would it be more of an "evening wear" piece then?..

Haha, my husband would just love it (not!) if I caught the diamond bug too. The pearl was originally part of a pair of earrings. I made one into a pendant and one into this ring.

I love big pearl rings but don't want to pay for top grade pearls on them because I don't want to be heartbroken if I get a ding in one (which I've done before).

I'm afraid the nacre would crack if digging the cavity for a diamond near that spot.. but i'm always over panicking with drilling))

Haha, my husband would just love it (not!) if I caught the diamond bug too. The pearl was originally part of a pair of earrings. I made one into a pendant and one into this ring.

I love big pearl rings but don't want to pay for top grade pearls on them because I don't want to be heartbroken if I get a ding in one (which I've done before).

I think that is smart! And I love that pearl, it's spectacular for the size. And the color!

A creative way of covering the blemish Sea Urchin. Although the diamond will add the bling to the pearl.

Thanks, ladies. I think I'll leave it alone now because the nail polish spot is not very noticeable at all from normal viewing distance when the ring is worn. I'm happy with it. But a source of $30 bezel set diamonds is definitely good to know about for the future!

P.S. Yes, it looks like it was drilled in a spot that was worse.

Last edited:
The pearl I had made into a pendant had bumps closer to the top so I thought this one was a little better for the ring. :)

May be that spot not so bad if it on a left side of the ring (or right if right hand) and you never see it!

Back