M

mikehrz

First, click on the "Profile" link in the upper left:
profile.gif

Then click on "Edit Your Details":
edit-details.gif

Then look for the "Custom User Title" area:
user-title.gif

Type your desired user title in the text box provided, then scroll all the way down and click on "Save Changes."

The ability to create your own user title may be linked to your total post count (too low = cannot create one), or it may be restricted for some other reason. I'll be getting in touch with PG admin to find out.

I don't have that option. :-(
My post count is probably too low... wahhhh

I do not have that as an option for mine, what I have is Birthdate infor tehn Url info then ICQ stuff then other misc stuff for my profile but I do not have the custom user title option.

What did I do wrong????
cheers
Ash

It simply isn't there. <sigh> I had such gradiose titles at the ready! ;)

I have no clue how to mass change so every one gets a choice, but I can change your titles one by one until the master switch comes on.

My PM box fills up so fast, I'd rather you email me at caitlin@pearl-guide.com and tell me what you want your title to say. :)

Last edited:
Oh Caitlin, that sounds like much too much work for you!

LOL I think I'll wait. I might have a different title every day depending on whim.

Thanks, Caitlin! :D

I always did feel that all that 'expert' nonsense didn't fit me well. :p

I do want to say that our "titles" do not need to be unique (as our usernames do) so if anyone else wants to use Pearl Enthusiast, please do not hesitate.

I fooled around with the titles and changed a few. On every one I changed, I also clicked a box that allows you to change your own tile to what you want.

I do not have that as an option for mine, what I have is Birthdate infor tehn Url info then ICQ stuff then other misc stuff for my profile but I do not have the custom user title option.

What did I do wrong????
cheers
Ash

Nothing! You did it right and we all did it wrong!

Caitlin, can we suggest another one for you? I have "Perfect mentor for pearl newbies" or "Pearl educator extraordinaire" in mind....

I love your new title, Knotty/Pattye/Wendy (maybe others, haven't seen them all yet)!

Gulp. Golly. Thanks....:D

"Admin" is kinda scary isn't it? Maybe I should lose it.:)

I like to take the time to pontificate at y'all, (especially when I am correct.;)) I want to encourage newbies to get addicted to pearls and for each in his/her own way to learn more about pearls, whether collecting or designing your own.... Even if you aren't a pearl professional you can become an expert pearl enthusiast and/or connoisseur!

And spread across the nation to teach those jewelers something about pearls, or to buy pearls in China. or many other interests discussed here.

Oh coooeeee, thanks Caitlin. If I didn't know it was me I would be well impressed by me. You have clearly having some fun there with the titles
(And thanks Nerida for pointing it out to me in the above post!)
I am off to see if I am a retail expert or a dismal failure at the four day Terry Pratchett Discworld convention in Birmingham (anyone a Pratchett reader?)

Hi Wendy - I did a two day school fair (associated with a very well regarded Art Show) last weekend - perfect sunny clear Winter's days both days - first day I was a dismal failure and wondered why I would bother doing it all again for the next day (had to pack up completely in between..) Following day I sold extremely well - probably 3 times my average "market/fair" type day... you can never tell!!

Good luck for your 4 day stint!

Thanks for that encouragement. Are you always grumpy and quiet before you sell for the first time? I am. Even one sale breaks the silence

Back