Pearl Books & Resources

News about a Pearl Farming Venture in the United Emirates....it's a touching story of a boy whose grandfather was a pearl diver, the boy later becoming a pearl farmer.
You can read it here.

The Giga-Pearl will be on exhibit in Canada! And it has this amazing bronze cast mounting.
Read HERE.

An article by Jennifer Heebner about those beautiful Maki-e and Mosaic pearls by Eliko Pearl.
Click here :)

And for today...even if Jennifer Heebner has covered this in the #ThisisPearl digital magazine for last month (February 2021) it seems there is still a trend on "Men Wearing Pearls", this time an article from Business & Arts.

Untitlwed-1+%286%29.png

Talking of men wearing pearls...

josh.jpg

When Josh Humbert was over here we met up at Stonehenge for me to collect some Kamoka pearls.

What a great photo of you and Josh, Wendy! BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WENDY!! !
Back in the day when the hair was reddish...
It must have looked deeply suspect that I handed over a wad of cash in exchange for a small package. With hindsight it's a lucky escape from being arrested!

Happy Birthday Wendy :D
And the story is way too funny! And the pic is great! Stonehenge is one of those places I need to visit on my future visit to the Ilses :)

It's been horribly improved now. My daughter and I abandoned an attempt a couple of years ago. I can still remember when tickets were sold by a man in a little shed and you could walk around the stones.
Now it is all heritage and a deliberate tourist attraction with exhibitions and stuff. The only magical way to see it now is to drive along the A303 and there it suddenly is, nestled in the landscape and as amazing as ever

It's been horribly improved now. My daughter and I abandoned an attempt a couple of years ago. I can still remember when tickets were sold by a man in a little shed and you could walk around the stones.
Now it is all heritage and a deliberate tourist attraction with exhibitions and stuff. The only magical way to see it now is to drive along the A303 and there it suddenly is, nestled in the landscape and as amazing as ever

I'm getting old. I was at Stonehenge before there were any tickets at all. Didn't help build it, though :)

LOL! You crack me up KarinK and Marianne :cool:

I started envisioning Josh and Wendy conducting a pearl transaction whilst being observed by the "ticket master" (who will become our villain, he wants to use the power of sustainable black pearls pearls for a sacred druidic ceremony to bring back a lost civilization to conquer our world) and KarinK offering help to James Bond, since she knows the "secret tunnels" underneath. Marianne would be a Druidess, who would betray her people for the greater good of Humanity, joining with forces with the "Apearlers" (Josh, Wendy, KarinK and 007), to stop this devilish plot!

I need less coffee! ;)

Last edited:
LOL! You crack me up KarinK and Marianne :cool:

I started envisioning Josh and Wendy conducting a pearl transaction whilst being observed by the "ticket master" (who will become our villain, he wants to use the power of sustainable black pearls pearls for a sacred druidic ceremony to bring back a lost civilization to conquer our world) and KarinK offering help to James Bond, since she knows the "secret tunnels" underneath. Marianne would be a Druidess, who would betray her people for the greater good of Humanity, joining with forces with the "Apearlers" (Josh, Wendy, KarinK and 007), to stop this devilish plot!

I need less coffee! ;)

After spending two hours trying to sort an fx with our bank, can I have some of what has made you so happy, Douglas?

OMG, there were no tickets when I saw it either, back in 1980. Just drove up and walked around it.

LOL Wendy! I just have 2 cups of coffee in the morning and green tea all day long (cups and cups!). BTW my brand new Book arrived today!

WIN_20210309_14_02_44_Pro.jpg

Will write a review soon...but I'm already liking it :)

Back