Pearls and clasps, in "Clasps – 4,000 Years of fasteners in Jewellery"

This is extraordinary compliment from the VAM! I'll be quite happy to add this to gemological/jewelry book collection.

Dear PG friends,
I am very happy to announce that the English version is on the finishing, the book will be available by end of january. The Victoria and Albert museum who red the french version wrote to me :
Le "Fermoir" has just arrived. It is beautifully produced, and very carefully structured. You have done both makers and historians a huge service. The glossary will be extraordinarily useful. I know how hard you have worked on this, and what resources you have poured into it.
And it’s a triumph. Many congratulations!"

Pre-orders will be opened as from monday, access by the link below my signature.
I promised I will post clasps and pearls, and YES I will because I always keep my promises :)
More later :)

I am waiting for Anna to come to the USA to be a speaker at the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers winter conference in Tucson.

So proud! :)

Thank you fort encouraging me, the English version looks like it will be a big hit! Pre-orders started well.
Yes I intend to come in USA for sure, though Tucson Jan. 28 - Feb. 12, 2017 might be too "just in time" for the book to be available.
Anyway when coming will be on the agenda, It will be interesting to consider doing "a tour" .
Let's wait and see...
I will soon post another "pearl page" of the book :)

I wish you a wonderful New Year, now it's 23:57 in Paris.
Let's share a removable clip set on a box clasp that I photoshot in Geneva. It was a pair of bracelets with strands of pearls. One clasp is decorated with sapphires, the other with rubies. Enjoy
Happy New Year everybody !

Attachments

• Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 1.jpg
    Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 46
Better view. Interesting combination of articulated clip on clasp, isn't?

Attachments

• clip on box clasp, book on history of clasps anna tabakhova.jpg
    clip on box clasp, book on history of clasps anna tabakhova.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 30
Hello PG friends,
The printing of the English version of the book is going on well. Pages are printed and the booklets are composed, soon deliveries will start.
For the French version, 2 journalists put the book at the first place of beautiful jewelry artbooks of 2016, then 2017!

Below is the page 230 from the Chapter "Clasps in Literature, painting, sculpture..." where you can see a centre of bracelet featuring the portrait of French King Louis XV. This piece is called "clasp" in the museum collections. It holds 6 strands of pearls, in a pair of bracelets worn by Mme de Pompadour (18th c.).
I was lucky to have the window case opened at the museum to make a photoshooting of these clasps, in Paris. The quality of the clasp was incredible with carved emeralds and a large bow hiding the perforations to attach the pearl strands.
And I display my photo face to the close-up of Mme de Pompadour's wrist wearing it, portrayed by Francois Boucher. You can see it at the Harvard Museum.
A nice United States/ France meeting, isn't ?

Attachments

• Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 5.jpg
    Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 5.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 44
I don't know why my photos are so small...

I just put in my order for the English version. I can't wait. I love a good clasp. It just makes the necklace extra special.

Yes, I got it and it's carefully recorded, I notice it rains a lot where you are, so I will put the parcel under an umbrella :)

My book just arrived! Excellent packaging. I have not had time to look at it much yet.

Back