Pearls and clasps, in "Clasps – 4,000 Years of fasteners in Jewellery"

REMEMBER what I wrote in october ?
I have a BIG surprise to announce about the english translation but hush...that's too soon.
Anna
Now time has come to disclose about the surprise. The translation has been done in 2 times, first an english teacher translated from french to english, Yes 38,000 words, what a job !
Then my best friend offered me to review the translation to make sure it sounds really good. And my friend is
"OUR" SHERI, alias " La Corsetiere". Yes Sheri did it !
You know how brilliant and elegant her wording is. And she did it in a marvelous way, not the slightest accent or inappropriate coma escaped from her checking.
What a job! And the result is amazing. The checking has now reached the last pages and that's why pre-orders are opened as from monday next. You will be happy to find her name on the book. So am I :)

Yes I will autograph upon request. As on any online webshop, there is a space to leave a comment on check-out of the order.
And I shall be very happy to do so. #soHappy. Thank you for encouraging me that way.

As a bookaholic and pearl clasp lover, this book is definitely on my WANT list.

When the English version preorder is ready, please remind us!

Yes, sure, I will, and I will revert for a photo as promised
Pre-orders start on monday next.
And the sooner the order is placed, the cheaper the shipping costs :)

Triple Treat: Book on clasps, Lots of Pearls, English Translation perfected by Sheri, Hand-autographed ... oh, wait that's 4 treats ... before the book even gets here LOL ... Can't wait, and Congratulations and Thanks now to both Anna AND Sheri!!!

Yes, sure, I will, and I will revert for a photo as promised
Pre-orders start on monday next.
And the sooner the order is placed, the cheaper the shipping costs :)

This is so exciting! I definitely want an autographed copy! Please remind us when the ordering opens!! (Although I have it bookmarked now....)

Yes Pattye, when I started sharing photos with PG, I had no ideas where that collection of images would lead me.

Remember 2008 ?
https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/sho...rl-Play-again-!

Anna, your games were great fun, even when we weren't very good at them! We love your photos! Nor could I have anticipated where my participation here on the forum would lead either! It's rather magical what happens when we follow our passions!

Ahem...this is one reason you haven't been seeing me posting here lately...Anna has been keeping me busy! She has done an amazing job - the book is exquisite and very informative, full of history and technical information coupled with luscious photography.

Ok, on that note, must get back to work! I know eager readers are waiting...

Attachments

• Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 2.jpg
    Clasps, 4000 years of fasteners in jewellery by anna tabakhova 2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 51
Pre-ordered!

I forgot to request your autograph on my copy, Anna-- will send you a private message.

By the way, for anyone in the USA who doesn't read French, you have to choose États-Unis as your country. :)

By the way, for anyone in the USA who doesn't read French, you have to choose États-Unis as your country. :)
Thank you , I just updated the translation for USA, right now.
Anna

Hi Pattye,
the price is mentioned in €, it is your bank that will automatically apply the best currency exchange rate, better than I would in stating prices in USD myself. Besides export prices are 5,5% tax free, that's not a lot but worth annyway, and it works automatically.
I saw orders of several of you and I thank you very much for your support.
I am not pushing for it but if you want a signed copy, just ask on check-out.

And now, a big HURRAY for Sheri who finished the review, she did it wonderfully. You will appreciate her wording, each word is accuratly choosen, she chiselled the original translation as a piece of jewellery (we choose UK english) and the title is HER idea. A great idea indeed.
This week-end I will post another page with pearls.

Back