Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I miss seeing Riley?!? He's adorable! Is he listening to classical music? I could just snuggle with all that fluffy hair!

Comment

• Oooooh, love Riley, cool boy!

Comment

• Very well stated. We are on our 2nd full sized Royal Poodle. black one now a white one. In the past we have had three other
        dogs all shelter pooches. The golden and these two are the best. Maybe because we are better at being their friend. Current
        one Riley fully understands 20-30 words and hundreds of sounds and loves to herd us. Spends the day at the office. Loves
        women especially daughter and the Fed Ex lady[ATTACH]39802[/IMG_0386.jpg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GemGeek; 02-22-2016, 12:37 AM.
        pearlman@mlange.org

Comment

• Purranha... This was just posted in one of my shiba groups along with pictures (he's very cute):

There is a 3 month old owner surrender male Shiba named Dash at the Bergen County Animal Shelter. Dash was surrendered by the owner due to health issues (not the dog). The shelter is looking to place Dash directly so if you are interested visit the Bergen County Animal Shelter in Teterboro, NJ. You will need to fill out an application and bring any other dogs that you have to do a meet and greet.
          Bergen County Animal Shelter, 100 United Lane, Teterboro, NJ 07608 201-229-4600 Fax: 440-4358 • Email:shelter@co.bergen.nj.us

Hurry if your friend is interested in him. Puppies won't last long! Good luck!

Comment

• I'm surprised at the number of Shiba Inus needing rescue, here people go on waiting list and pay at least $1 to $2k for a puppy.

Comment

• THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Amti!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Amti I forwarded the info along to 2 gfs who are interested, thank you so much for the info!

BTW, a funny side story about Shiba Inus... This one time I was texting with one of the girlfriend about Shibas, and her phone auto-corrected Shiba Inus to Shiny @nus... I'm so sorry to do this to you ladies, it's one of those things that you can't unseen. Whenever I see Shiba Inus these days, I think Shiny @nus and I can not stop cracking up. And of course @=A... I just had to scramble it, I can not type it out...

Comment

• You're very welcome Purranha. Good luck to your friends! If your friends are interested in purchasing a shiba from a reputable breeder, there are a few in that area too. Bonnie Gibbons with Katai Kennels is in RI- her 15 month old shiba, Redd, competed in Westminster last week and won an Award of Merit. I've watched him grow up (on facebook through Bonnie's photos) and he is one of the most handsome shibas I have seen. That's funny about your auto correct. My auto correct won't let me write naughty words and changes them. It's not as fun. lol

Kelluvpearls, there are a lot of shibas in rescues now and most of them are adults. Their popularity soared a few years ago with doge and thus, puppy mills and backyard breeders (using puppy mill rooted dogs) are raking in bucks selling them as fast as they can get the mamas to produce them. People buy them because they are cute without knowing much about them. They're not your usual people pleaser, but quite independent and require a lot of training and smarts to outsmart the dog. They usually can't be off leash and are quite destructive when they get bored, so many get rehomed after the puppy stage. PA and OH and surrounding states also get many rescues surrendered by mills or by rescues purchasing the dogs at auction. As far as getting a shiba from a reputable breeder, they usually have lists of people to choose from because they are so picky, have excellent quality pups, very few pups for pets, and have health tested all the parents and have won AKC awards. Their pet quality and retired show dogs go for about $600-2000, which is cheaper than the pet store puppy mill dogs. And backyard breeders may charge less but they don't do the required testing for show dogs to ensure hips and eyes of both parents are healthy and that the dogs have a good temperament.

Comment

• [QUOTE=pearl-man;149931]Very well stated. We are on our 2nd full sized Royal Poodle. black one now a white one. In the past we have had three other
                    dogs all shelter pooches. The golden and these two are the best. Maybe because we are better at being their friend. Current
                    one Riley fully understands 20-30 words and hundreds of sounds and loves to herd us. Spends the day at the office. Loves
                    women especially daughter and the Fed Ex lady[ATTACH]39802[/IMG_0386.jpg

So cute! I love poodles! I didn't realize how impressive they were until I saw my first real poodle about 30 years ago. Up til then, I had only seen toy poodles. They are a very intelligent breed and you've done good training them with all their words! Riley is certainly living the life!

Comment

• Amti thank you for the post, it is interesting to know more about thr story of abandoned Shibas but sad at the same time. Where I live moodles (Maltese x poodles) are very popular and they command the same price or more than a pure bred puppy.

Comment

• Lol I've heard people say Malteepoo but first time hearing moodles. Hybrid dogs are becoming so popular these days, a lot of hypoallergenic reasons. Golden Doodles were all the rage for a while, and Pomsky (Pomeranian & husky) is popular now for a miniature sized husky.

As a cat owner who has only adopted mutt cats from shelters, these designer dog concept is quite a different world!

Comment

• Again, not my pet but . . .

I was sitting in my cubicle, minding my own business, when . . .

the JAWS music suddenly came on and this swam through the air of my office.

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

The facilities people won't let us post notes on the walls, or use their bulletin board, so we asked what can we use?
                          They said we could have a balloon and float it through the office.
                          So we did a little search on Amazon and the air swimming shark was the first balloon that came up, so we had to have it.
                          It was only $27 and it works via remote control, so you can actually fly it through the office and it looks like its swimming through air.
                          Last edited by BWeaves; 02-27-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

• BWeaves you seriously work at the most awesome office!!!

Comment

• It's just my floor that's fun. The other floors are old stick in the muds.

Comment

• That is hilarious.
                                http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                                Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Working...
                                X