X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlackPearlDudeDC View Post
    now it is just feral cats, raccoons, skunks and the occasional brave coyote
    All of which have observable characteristics and antics. Creatures have much to teach us, if only we'd be... not so alpha all the time.

raccoon_family.jpg

Comment

• Adorable photo, interesting how one is more curious/braver than the rest of the pack.

Comment

• As a pet owner, though, I am terrified of rabid raccoons.
        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Speaking of sick raccoons, we had one in our backyard the other day and animal control came and shot it. It was a little guy and it was very obviously not in good condition. Looked like mid-stage rabies. Poor lil guy, but it died a better death via animal control.
          Check out my jewelry here

Comment

• Those little stripey faces are adorable!
            Happy Huku
            Queensland
            Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by madsciencechik View Post
              Speaking of sick raccoons, we had one in our backyard the other day and animal control came and shot it. It was a little guy and it was very obviously not in good condition. Looked like mid-stage rabies. Poor lil guy, but it died a better death via animal control.
              How horrid, rabies is an awful way to go, do you have to vaccinate your pets?
              Happy Huku
              Queensland
              Australia

Comment

• Dogs and cats do need to be vaccinated against rabies, yes (although I'm not sure if indoor-only cats have to be). It protects not only them but the humans who are in contact with them all the time.

I love those young raccoons! Great photo.

Comment

• I vaccinate my cat against rabies. He is not an outdoor cat, but he does go outside into the backyard in the summer time (where he is too lazy to try to climb over the fence to freedom). We back on to a forest so we also have deer, squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, the occasional coyote, and mice in the forest behind us, so I vaccinate him just in case. He and a deer ended up nose to nose through the fence a couple of months ago (I'm pretty sure he was terrified; the deer was just curious so he came up to the fence to see him), so his potential for contact with a wild critter is not zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by kelluvpearls View Post
                    Adorable photo, interesting how one is more curious/braver than the rest of the pack.
                    That's the father of Buddy's litter of three, who keep pretty close most times. Rocky has a spot on his forehead and a brown nose, but otherwise really well groomed and healthy. He's shy and seen less often than Buddy, who still lives under the cabin.

She's distinct by her serrated left ear and missing back toe. The kits are grown, gone or prey.

I don't have a name for this little rascal other than the wharf mink. Small animals are hard to photo capture. I wish I could capture water fowl better, because it's endless here and I have next to nothing in the portfolio.

mink.jpg

Comment

• OK, this obviously is not MY pet, but it's too funny not to share.

Yesterday, I was sitting in my cubicle, minding my own business, when a T Rex barged into my office and ate my boss.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_7195.JPG

I love my job.

(P.S. I think the folks from the Walking With Dinosaurs production were trying to drum up some business. Management swears they didn't plan this. It is the biggest, most lifelike puppet I have ever seen. It also growled a lot.)
                      Last edited by BWeaves; 11-06-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• I wonder, since TRex seems to be a fan of khakis, if he ate Jake from State Farm.
                        http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                        Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• OMG BWeaves that is AWESOME! OMG gave me such a belly laugh! Now, everyone NEEDS a cool dinosaur costume like that! Do you work in TV production? Awesome job indeed!

Comment

• LOL That's hilarious!!

Here are my baby boys ... Max (grey) who is 5 and Winston(he's a little imp) is 2 . So cuddly and loveable ... not that smart...but cuddly and loveable !! Hmmmmm upside down ... how do you switch them right side up

IMG_3174.jpg IMG_3175.jpg
                            Last edited by Katbran; 11-07-2015, 02:17 AM.
                            https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                            https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• I do advanced computer tech support for financial software. The dinosaur crashing my office was totally random.

I think they wear black pants for the actual dinosaur show. The khakis might have been so the puppeteer would blend in with the rest of the office better. Or maybe the puppeteer just didn't want to runaround in black tights outside the show.

The puppet could open and close its eyes and mouth, and make roaring and growling sounds. It also had feathers, if you look closely. It was really cool. The guy in the pith helmet at the front was guiding the puppeteer, and the guy in the back was wrangling the tail so it didn't hit anyone or knock anything over. I have no idea how they squeezed this thing into the elevator. I work on the 6th floor. And as you can tell, that puppet is HUGE.

I'd love to see this thing wandering the halls of an elementary school.
                              Last edited by BWeaves; 11-07-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Fabulous photos, from wild creatures to adorable house pets to prehistoric dinosaur puppet.

Comment

Working...
                                X