New layout - comments/feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New layout - comments/feedback

Thank you for the work in updating the forum!

I was thinking that it might be useful to have a place to gather feedback and comments.

- The page is loading a lot slower for me now (laptop, wifi).
    - The images look very small to me and it's confusing to see it as attachement as well below the posted (example: https://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/pe...ge2#post450581)
    - The dot to the left in the menu used to indicate when there were new posts in a category. That does not seem to be the case anymore. I can go via New Posts, though.

Thank you for your comments
    • Yes, we are experiencing this slow-loading time. This is one of the first things we need to address.
    • The photos/images...the new system optimizes image size to save space. The old system was supposed to do the same, yet it was failing at that. I have seen some photos that are great and if you click on them the image is amplified and looks great (Facebook style).
    • And yes...we lost the little "dot". It will take some adjustment time, but we are hoping it will be a short one. We tried to have the least changes possible, but many are actually mandated by the system (vBUlletin)...whether we wanted them or not.

And THANK YOU for the comments (PLEASE, all forum members: DO POUR IN) ...we will be working for as long as required to smoothen the experience and making it as best as possible.

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I have been fighting for the past 1.5 hours to post an article with 4 pictures. Still failed and I gave up. It would be very wordy to describe. Please try for yourself and you will see.
      We had a server malfunction early this morning and the programmer helped us recover from that. Sometimes the issues are totally out of our hands...I believe this was a "Server Side" issue.

But PLEASE, do keep sharing any issues you experience to try and solve everything in the least amount of time possible.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by CortezPearls; 03-16-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I had to enlarge the page 2 times in order to get it to the normal font size. Will take getting used to...

OK, I just tried to look at the what are you wearing today (huge) thread and there was no way to navigate to the latest post and then back to the previous page. Also when the font is enlarged to readable, the photos are huge.
        Last edited by Marianne; 03-16-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Editing a post becomes impossible. When I clicked "edit", next thing I faced was blank.

Comment

Originally posted by StarryPearl View Post
            Editing a post becomes impossible. When I clicked "edit", next thing I faced was blank.
            It could be due to the slow loading times
            I'm with the programmer on a "chat" and trying to fix several things.
            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
            Follow Me!
            Instagram
            YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
            Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

I have no problem writing a post or adding photos, I don't know how to write between the photos but that might be me doing it wrong. I am sure I get use to the new pearl guide soon. Keep up the good work. Maybe you do need some extra space for all my photos....did I break old pearl guide? Just kidding, but I might have.....

Comment

Slow loading. I'll just have to get used to the new ways of finding, searching, reading, posting etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotta View Post
                  I have no problem writing a post or adding photos, I don't know how to write between the photos but that might be me doing it wrong. I am sure I get use to the new pearl guide soon. Keep up the good work. Maybe you do need some extra space for all my photos....did I break old pearl guide? Just kidding, but I might have.....
                  LOL! Not at all dear friend!
                  These upgrades...things "just break" and you have to bring in someone to fix them...but this site is amazingly COMPLEX...the dearth of information, images...
                  Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                  Follow Me!
                  Instagram
                  YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Yes I know that you say this to spare my feelings....so many photos.... It's lucky that I haven't broken all of internet.....wait a minute, it's been slow for a year worldswide...ops.
                    just kidding. My late fater was a computer programmer for decades, from 1968 or 1969, don't remember. He use to get these calls in the middle of the night sometimes. Some 0 or 1 was in the wrong place. Usually he could help them over the phone. He brought me to work sometimes if he had to go in and fix something on a weekend. In the 70:s there were these huge rooms filled with machines. Probably all those data would fot into my phone today. Once I got lost there, didn't listen, probably in search for a candy wending machine. He found me quickly. I remember the security being rigorous on that place even though they did let me in...

Comment

Well I was punished all at once. Some attatchment resizing is disabled. I took a screenshot, cropped it but no. To big or wrong format.

Comment

The page is loading a whole lot slower, and the default fonts/screen size is tiny and hard to read!

Comment

Originally posted by Lilpearl View Post
                          ...and the default fonts/screen size is tiny and hard to read!
                          Please, yes - is there a guide to how we can change that personally? I finally got reading glasses but still find the font very small.

Comment

That's wierd. It's a good size on my phone, the font and the default messages. I have an Android. It was good on my tablet as well. Don't have a computer anymore though

Comment

I can upload that warning if I crop it beyond reading... It has to be square and tiny. What good is that. Do I have to link to my Instagram page to show photos? Maybe I can add it to my profile or something, the Instagram that is. Difficult for anyone who wants to read and watch photos at the same time. Scratch that. It appears the other members links to websites and what not are gobe as well.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Charlotta; 03-17-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X