Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katie and Ruby look adorable together. Perhaps Cora would have liked it that way.
    You really did give her the best possible life.
    barbie

Comment

• PearlA,

thanks for that story. How well we can understand your loss but the idea with learning to handle birds confidently with the help of a baby bird I find brilliant!
      Inge

Comment

• Thanks again, everyone.
        Cora "came home" today, and her box of ashes are part of the creche we keep on a shelf year-round. One of the best bird pathologists in America is now studying tissues sent to him by our vet, and they're hoping to learn something for the good of other birds in the long-run. Baby Ruby is doing well ... recognizes our voices now when we visit him, clearly recognizing us when we approach the play area where the babies are kept. Still teary, but some peace has returned.
        Thanks again for everyone's understanding. I genuinely appreciate when other good people "get it" (understand).

--Pearl A.
        Last edited by PearlA; 01-06-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• I want to share this one with you.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8441974.stm

Do you think we could teach her pearl grading?
          Nora

Comment

• Here is our newest kitty addition to the family. We adopted her from the shelter where my husband does the photography for Petfinder.

Her name is "Pretty Girl". She was very dignified at the shelter but now is happpy to play like a kitten. She sits in my husband's study lounge chair like a human--back resting against the back of the chair with legs stretched out in front of her. She is our fourth and the second that we adopted from the shelter. Two others were homeless strays.
            Attached Files

Comment

• My son Briar is graduating from college in about a week. He has been in school for two months studying. I am excited to see him. I'm sort of attached to this nut case. He has been in school with a bunch of celebrities dogs above Malibu. Hope it hasn't gone to his head. But I'm not sure because when I call they only let me talk to his personal assistant.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i.../hiking037.jpg

Comment

• My people want to talk with Briar's people. Is that you?

Comment

• Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
                  My people want to talk with Briar's people. Is that you?
                  Ha ha that would be.

Comment

• Thanks

After all I have been through with Briar I could never give up on him. You sound like as much of a dog lover as I am. I have always worried about people who don't love dogs. There are dog lovers and then there are those other people. Like you I don't give up on dogs easily. Sounds like Bart is a handfull. I think he is in good hands though. Can't wait to hear what he does next. You know it will be something interesting. Can't wait to see Briar. The adventure begins again shortly. I am going to be so happy to see him sit when I say sit I might never let him move. LOL

Comment

• Pretty Girl looks to be very much in charge! Adorable!!

Probably a good thing Briar and Bart are on different continents!

I do love reading about all these pets!

I am babysitting my 10 lb. chihuahua granddog, Chico, for 2 weeks while his family is on vacation. Sincerely hope to avoid all newsworthy adventures during this time-----------
                      Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• If yall don't mind. I'd like to move the Q&A re: advice for a dog, to another thread. It is a subject to itself and obviously can be a very productive conversation on its own.

I am absolutely dog crazy myself and I can glaze anyone's eyes over with my yakking on about dogs; it is a favorite subject, and I know a prodigious amount on the subject, but let's get this thread back to photos of favorite pets.

Edited to add: I am calling the new thread "dog philosophy".
                        Last edited by Caitlin; 03-15-2010, 07:06 PM.
                        Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

• Thanks for making the new thread Caitlin
                          It'll be a great place for the dog crazy amongst us to chat and read with unglazed eyes

Comment

• Thanks for that Caitlin, I had no idea this thread would stir up so much conversation.
                            Originally posted by Caitlin View Post
                            If yall don't mind. I'd like to move the Q&A re: advice for a dog, to another thread. It is a subject to itself and obviously can be a very productive conversation on its own.

I am absolutely dog crazy myself and I can glaze anyone's eyes over with my yakking on about dogs; it is a favorite subject, and I know a prodigious amount on the subject, but let's get this thread back to photos of favorite pets.

Edited to add: I am calling the new thread "dog philosophy".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeyy View Post
                              The main thing is there are many who need home. No matter where they are from. And here in the states because of the economy many families had to give up their pets. That is really sad. I might have to think about a playmate for Briar.

What am I saying????
                              Hey Mikeyy stop reading my mind LOL I've been thinking about a companion for Bart for a while now. His little friend Bonnie (Jack Russell terrier) passed away eighteen months ago at age 16.
                              Anyway this afternoon I contacted a shelter about adopting a 12-month old Whippet girl they have......she sounds perfect...wish me luck 'cos I think there are several people interested.
                              Cheers,
                              Kerry.

Comment

• Mikeyy, Briar looks very regal and handsome.
                                Is he very head strong?

I reckon all dogs should go to doggy school, it is amazing how much they pick up in the way of obedience if taught correctly.

To all you cat owners give your cat/cats a big hug for me.
                                I was in tears most of the day yesterday.
                                The wee cat that I used to feed is dead
                                Some one or thing give her an unhappy and unholy death.
                                https://www.beaderssecret.com
                                https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeadersSecret

Comment

Working...
                                X