Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm-Not sure about that look on handsome Cooper's face, but Cascadia is absolutely stunning against black!
    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• Originally posted by pattye View Post
      Hmmm-Not sure about that look on handsome Cooper's face, but Cascadia is absolutely stunning against black!
      I believe that Cooper was contemplating the causes and consequences of the current economic down-turn.(LOL) He's a rather astute pooch..................
      Last edited by J Marcus; 03-09-2009, 09:41 PM.
      Marcus

Comment

• I meant to post this sooner but have been busy with other family goings on.

Sad news, On Friday May 15th, Princess one of the Cats my parents rescued last fall Passed away.

She was from an earlier litter, They still have her half brothers boys Goblin and Kurdy Same mom from a later litter.

Since they were ouotdoor cats before becoming indoor cats. We only hope the the boys did not get into the same thing that Pronncess did.. (racoon ringworm is the lead culprit.)

It was very painful to see her in so much pain she passed on her own at the Emergency hospital. Especailly since she was jsut starting to get used to being aroudn people and come "into her own".

My dad is heartbroken since he was "Her person".

We went from this to Moms Knee surgery on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Cheers

Ashby
        Cheers,
        Ash

Comment

• So sad to hear you lost a dear family member in Princess. I had not heard of that particular disease. Sometimes it feels like life is so unfair. Keeping you all in my thoughts---
          Pattye

Comment

• It is so sad to lose a fur-child. I hope your Mom recovers quickly. It sounds like Dad will need some extra attention. Sometimes another cat will step up to fill the place of the one that "claimed" one half of a couple. My friends had a cat that was almost invisible that blossomed into an affectionate dynamo after one of the other cats died. Cats are mysterious. I think they enjoy keeping us guessing.

Comment

• I'm sorry your parents lost their Princess. My cat had me for 17 years, her name was Bella, she died two years ago, and I still miss her. She was my little shadow.
              From Australias Top End
              http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/

Comment

• Today I had to drive our three cats up to the cat hotel. They are ages 4 - 7 and have always had someone live in our house when we leave. Even though they were in the "Mexico" suite, they looked extremely miserable. I wish there was some way to explain that we are coming back for them. <sigh>

You can see their expensive digs here: http://www.holidaypethotel.com/ENCIN...E-Felines.html

Comment

• Gem Geek,

"Poor dears", Cats do not like change much at all. I am sure its harder on you than them, really, they will be fine. Have a great time while you are away and know they will be well worshiped er I mean loved

Cheers
                  Cheers,
                  Ash

Comment

• He's good...

Had to share. I put a necklace on Albert to see if I could get a picture and sure enough I got this. He loves to pose. (and the Elvis look is from a missing tooth)

Mary

www.madcatpearls.etsy.com

Comment

• Isn?t he cute and such an elegant necklace!
                      Inge

Comment

• Those are 100 year old faux pearls (plastic to be exact). They were my great-grandmothers. I was asked to restring them by an Aunt. I used some multicolored pearls with them. They turned out pretty well I think.

Last edited by maryd; 05-29-2009, 09:52 AM.
                        Mary

Comment

• Albert is too cute!

Comment

• maryd,

Nice way to incorporate your heritage pearls with some new ones! They look terrific together!

And to think I almost missed the photo of Albert, he wears pearls very nicely! Although he may need a Tahitian (with green overtones) on a leather cord to go with his eyes----
                            Pattye

Comment

• Pattye -

I am definitely adopting the use of 'heritage pearls' instead of using 'old plastic pearls'. Much more classy.

And I love the idea of a custom Albert tahitian necklace. Wouldn't that be fun. Have to think that one over. I hope they other cats don't get jealous. (they are terrible models)
                              Mary

Comment

• Hi Maryd

The Necklace is very pretty. Such a handsome albeit "furry" model he looks like he is trying to talk in the picture.

Happy Friday Everyone
                                Cheers,
                                Ash

Comment

Working...
                                X