X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pattye
    replied
    Interesting JCK article about Swarovski jewelry ~
    <p>Swarovski, the iconic crystal and gemstone brand, has seen major changes in its leadership over the past year. Nadja Swarovski, great-great-granddaughter of the company’s founder, longtime face of the company, and the driving force behind Atelier Swarovski, was sidelined in early 2020 (she’s still on the board and runs the charitable Swarovski Foundation). And a…</p>

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    I heard about this through a nail art video. The artist was shocked that they were going away! And really, as a beader, they have been a treasure. Such lovely colors, My favorites have always been the clear AB 4mm bicones. Sorry I haven't been around. I worked 14.5 hours on Monday and 16.4 on Tuesday. Whew, what a workload this week!

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Yes, Ennui, I have no idea whether that arm of the business is more profitable than the crystals, probably could be, if the pieces are expensive enough.

Leave a comment:

• ennui
    replied
    Originally posted by BWeaves View Post
    Wow. What is their higher end business? The other crystals I've used haven't held a candle to Swarovski.
    Swarovski makes cubic zirconia jewelry, not sure about other lines.

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Thank you, PD!

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Bond No. 9 perfumes are all named after NYC locations.
    https://www.bondno9.com/shop/eau-de-parfum/

Leave a comment:

• lisa c
    replied
    Please forgive my ignorance, Is this a James Bond movie tie-in, or a reference to Bond St?

I think I saw a you tube on glass seed beads, perhaps a ‘how is this made clip’, announcing that costs were making a lot of tiny glass products unprofitable. Sad.
    Last edited by lisa c; 02-26-2021, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• multichrome
    replied
    Thank you for the information, Pattye! This is big news for crafters. I agree that there’s nothing else like their crystal beads on the market, with regard to both the sparkle factor and the range of colors and finishes. In particular I use their small bicones very often as jewelry accents.

My sense has been that the craft market in general is booming due to lockdowns, so I’m idly curious as to what’s behind this move on their part.
    Last edited by multichrome; 02-19-2021, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Pearl Dreams, if only I had a "dressing table" that bottle would be a must have! So many variations!

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Well, there are pretty Czech crystals and lots of Chinese crystals, but none compare to Swarovski.

Leave a comment:

• CortezPearls
    replied
    So, what is the next best option if Swaroski goes away? would there be a recycling market for these? What do you think will happen?

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Some Bond No. 9 perfume bottles are studded with Swarovski:

See this one in particular:
    https://www.harrods.com/en-al/shoppi...100ml-15131542
    The bottle is stunning-- and so is the price ($901)-- but I had to laugh when I saw the warning "Last one!"
    Is there that much demand for that bottle?

And more images from Google:
    bond no. 9 swarovski

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    And here's some figurines:

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    I agree, BWeaves, they are the best crystals. I guess things like chandeliers, fancy vases maybe collectibles like THIS?

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X