East Coast Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Coast Storm

Well it looks like we are finally getting a decent winter storm here on the east coast! It's been a few years for us here down the shore. Stay safe and be warm, and I will dream of Tucson 2022 while the flakes fly.
    http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
    Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Stay Safe! It's been a cold winter!
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
    Follow Me!
    Instagram
    YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
    Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

It's super windy here in Central Florida. And the temps are getting down to the 50s during the day, after being 60F last night. Yeah, I know, but for us that's cold.

Comment

My DH and DD have to be at work at 6 a.m. tomorrow, and DH had today off, so we began snow-blowing and shoveling early.

We've already done the driveway twice and the snow is still coming down. It's very light and fluffy. We're planning to go out to do it again once more tonight.

It's windy but not dangerously so, and not particularly cold. 30 by my thermometer.

Comment

Thinking of you all ~
          Here's hoping the power stays on; be safe and warm! Some days I'd trade all this rain for 3-4 inches of glittery snow!
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

20" on the ground here, wind has died down, and just some drifting flakes. So far, fluffy snow, so not so heavy to move around, although it doesn't stay where one puts it . I slept in, awoke to the sounds of snow blowers and men gleefully shouting to each other LOL ... our first big snow in several years. One of the guys was ... yep, you guessed it, our Walter. What's a little broken ankle, a couple of broken leg bones and some holes in your skull, when there's 20" of snow, and a big shiny red and black snowblower you can use to rescue the neighbors? I gave up, pulled the biggest down comforter I had over my head and left him to the neighbors to babysit . We had one blackout tonight but it only lasted long a few seconds. Stay safe everyone!
            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

I'm glad to hear Walter is doing so well, Cathy.

We got an additional 6" or so overnight.

Comment

Hey CathyKeshi I am happy to hear Walter up to his antics...it means he is feeling much better! Sending you both virtual hugs!
                Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                Follow Me!
                Instagram
                YouTube

Your Life evolves in the same way a Pearl grows: with continuous layers of experiences/nacre that add to the Story of your Life on Earth and make you Unique and Beautiful.
                Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Thanks ... I'm watching him out the window ... back out with that snowblower ...
                  Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Walter is indeed a hero with his weapon of choice, snowblower! Cathy, I just read the delightful article Jeniffer Heebner wrote about you and your awesome pearl collection here
                    Of course, I recognized the amazing necklace in the feature photo immediately! (heart eyes)
                    Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Great article-- thanks for the link!

Comment

We got a measly 13 inches of snow here in RI. I got my cardio shoveling this morning. I prefer the beach. What a lovely article about our own CathyKeshi! I loved seeing her treasures, thank you for the link.

Comment

I'm embarrassed ... . Thanks all; I can only attribute that article to pandemic isolation on my part, and Jen's kindness on her part LOL.
                          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

I hope that you all are doing just fine in all that snow. We got a lot of snow in sweden this monday. It was a nightmare driving to work, I leave so early noone had had time to remove the snow. But I got there just fine anyway. Then they cleaned all the streets. By the time I drove home it had been snowing heavily again and the roads a mess again. Now it's really cold, around 14 F at night and not that warm during the day. Wearing cashmere, wollen socks and slippers indoor today, it's a drafty old house. It's my day off and I really should clean the house, do some laundry and make those bracelets but here I am with a cat on my arm instead...
                            CathyKeshi, that article was so great. I know that you say that you aren't good at pearl photography, but now I want to see them all. Maybe you can divert Walter from the snow and he can be busy getting the perfect photos. An room with a see-through roof helps, even if it's a patio. North facing help as well, dilutes the light.
                            Last edited by Charlotta; 02-03-2021, 08:42 AM.

Comment

It's a LOVELY article CathyKeshi and full of lovely pearl jewelry items (all are up on my Pinterest board!) that belong to a lovely person that adores pearls.
                              Thank you Pattye for sharing the article!
                              Have a blessed day!
                              Douglas McLaurin-Moreno
                              Follow Me!
                              Instagram
                              YouTube

Douglas McLaurin-Moreno

Comment

Working...
                              X