Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Ruckus Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect everyone is feeling wiped out after such a busy and exciting weekend. I know I would be.

Perhaps we will see a few photos tomorrow.

Comment

So true, PD. Just arrived home and it's after midnight.

I'm sure there will be more tomorrow...I mean later today.

Comment

Home safe, happy and exhausted.
        Many thanks to Jeremy, Hisano for graciously hosting this amazing gathering.

Comment

I was surprised they didn't have the live FB videos like last year.

Comment

Brady is no longer with PP, so they don't have a videographer anymore. It's just as well. I was a dancing fool on the yacht. I'm glad there's no proof. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong later in this thread. They did video the talks, which were amazing.

Ruckus was absolutely amazing this year. I'd like to thank everyone at PP and PG for putting it on, and the vendors who came, and everyone who gave a talk. I'm afraid if I list people, I'll accidentally leave someone out. It was great to see everyone again, and meet new pearl lovers.

Goodie bags this year:

Ruckus wine!!! And I took a photo of the wrong label. The Ruckus label was on the other side. DOH!

fullsizeoutput_7f3.jpg

Coooookie!

fullsizeoutput_7f2.jpg

It matched the cake! Erin from PP was responsible for the cake, and it was good.

IMG_5726.jpg
            Last edited by BWeaves; 07-31-2018, 01:41 AM.

Comment

My haul:

I asked Sarah from Kojima to make me a Waterfall necklace, and I was concerned about weight, so I asked for very lightweight. She made exactly what I asked for, but apparently Pearl Shrinkage Syndrome has set in, and what I had in my head was a heavier necklace. She was very gracious, so they'll be an extra Waterfall necklace on Kojima for you to buy.

However, I ended up spending a lot more with Kojima, because I bought a long (38" ?) South Sea, Japanese Akoya, and Tahitian tin cup, and a 21" long keshi and gold rondelle necklace.

fullsizeoutput_7ea.jpg

My Mom's lapis necklace needs restringing, so I bought some royal Beader's Secret from Pattye, and eight 9-10 mm Freshadama pearls from PP to replace the 7 mm akoyas. I'm also not wild about the fluted beads, so I may look into replacing those with a different type of gold bead or rondelle. Plus, I want to add a gold orbit clasp.

fullsizeoutput_7ee.jpg

IMG_5737.jpg

And I bought a SoC pearl from Douglas, and John at PP is setting it for me in a rose gold ring. I'll get it in two weeks.
              Last edited by BWeaves; 07-30-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Love 💕 your concept BW that will be stunning.

Comment

Love your haul BWeaves...and wow the box of souffle pearls!
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

I like the colors and shapes in your waterfall necklace BWeaves. And the luster -- wow!

Comment

What a great haul, BW!! I adore the SS, Akoya, & Tahitian long tin cup!!! That's something I would have bought had I been there.

Comment

Awesome haul, BW! I love that Kojima tin-cup, it's sooo pretty!

Comment

Helping out BWeaves with photo of the other label on the wine bottle. Like her, I left mine with a ruckus friend who is driving home, rather than flying. Loved the gift, however. There were also chocolate covered cherries. Those did come home with me. Yum!

20180730_120245.jpg

Comment

Attached are a few photos from Friday.

IMG_4768.jpg

IMG_4773.jpg

IMG_4783.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

Comment

Dang! Sideways again!

Comment

There were several speakers on Saturday; each presenting a unique pearl topic. Even Happy was on site to partake in the excitement!

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4802.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X