• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the grey keshi strand alone.

20170829_122648.jpg

Comment

So pretty!

Comment

My Tanzanite beads purchased about a year ago now at Eastern Trade Winds have been strung by Catherine at Stephen Vincent Design in Minneapolis. She added 18 kt yellow gold rondelles, a cute 18 kt gold id tag, and an 18 kt gold circle loop to which I can add various pendants. Here I have on my GSS drop from PP. Catherine designed the bale for this drop to be worn with this Tanzanite necklace.

20180510_103212.jpg20180510_111040.jpg20180510_103421.jpg

Comment

Red, that's really wonderful! Creative, unusual yet still a classic look ... awesome. Question for you: Does the 18K circle loop on the necklace open in some fashion to put the pendants on, or does the pearl bail have an opening ... in the photos I don't see an opening on either. I've been talking to someone about a BIG round bail/pendant loop, and was having trouble describing just how big I meant by BIG ... this is similar to what I meant. Congratulations!
          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Red, I love your tanzanite necklace! It really looks fantastic and so easy to wear.
            http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
            Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
              Red, that's really wonderful! Creative, unusual yet still a classic look ... awesome. Question for you: Does the 18K circle loop on the necklace open in some fashion to put the pendants on, or does the pearl bail have an opening ... in the photos I don't see an opening on either. I've been talking to someone about a BIG round bail/pendant loop, and was having trouble describing just how big I meant by BIG ... this is similar to what I meant. Congratulations!
              Thank you, Cathy. Yes, the big circle opens.

20180510_202747.jpg

JerseyPearl
              Red, I love your tanzanite necklace! It really looks fantastic and so easy to wear.

Thank you, JerseyPearl. It is easy to wear, but always seems a bit fancy for my daily life, so I have been putting off wearing it. I finally decided to wear it today, and I spent the day supervising the workers replacing the sewer pipe at our home. But, I felt pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
                Thank you, Cathy. Yes, the big circle opens.

[ATTACH]59929[/ATTACH]

Thank you, JerseyPearl. It is easy to wear, but always seems a bit fancy for my daily life, so I have been putting off wearing it. I finally decided to wear it today, and I spent the day supervising the workers replacing the sewer pipe at our home. But, I felt pretty!
                This response absolutely made my day!!! We so often save our jewelry for "special occasions"...what's more important (special) than proper sanitation? I wish you all the very best, and hope that your sewerage issues are behind you (so sorry for that pun...I know...)

Comment

Ah great photo, Red. Does the moveable piece snap securely into place the? I'm sure it does ... it's perfect!
                  Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Cathy, it looks like the one end is slightly rounded...assuming the receiving side is concave.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
                      Cathy, it looks like the one end is slightly rounded...assuming the receiving side is concave.
                      I think that's right. It snaps into place tightly.

Comment

That is so perfect, Red ... thank you
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

WOW what a gorgeous strand of beautiful beads! I love how they do a wave graduation. And the GSSP is a perfect combo and perfectly proportioned to the necklace. How large is the drop? That is a really cool loop mechanism. All in all very inspired!
                          Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post

Battah - My jeweler had paper catalogs of Italian findings. I snapped a couple of photos for my own reference back in June, but I will check who exactly they are the next time I drop into the jewelry store.

[ATTACH]54498[/ATTACH]
                            I too would love to know the manufacturer of the findings...
                            Check out my jewelry here

Comment

Wow your golden SSP is gorgeous. Love it paired with the tanzanite beads.

Comment

WOWZA! The necklace, the drop, the findings. You have the coolest jewelers, Red.

At first glance, I thought the tanzanite beads were lapis, and it gave me ideas for my Mom's lapis necklace. Except there's no way I can do with the lapis what your jeweler did with the tanzanite, because my beads are all the same size, but Wow, that's gorgeous.

And ya know, I have some pearl shorteners that might work like that circle bail. Hum. Must go to the jewelry box and play.

Comment

Working...
                                X