parfaitelumiere natural pearl collection

Up to 7,6mm pearls.
White gold clasp with diamond.

50€.jpg

NICE. Obviously needs restringing, but great pearls and great clasp.

Douglas, whatever the origin of those translucent and fascinating 'Nautilus' pearls, the vortical structure remains mysterious (and contradictory to everything we are taught about pearl formation) except in terms of pure mathematics. The wonders of nature.

Heads up here, that among the possible explanations we seriously considered and discarded for those pearls was opercula, which the above comments may actually describe.

I agree Steve. And the operculum could have damage caused by predators, it mantle cells possibly initiating a "pearl" that carries this torzoidal shape...I mean, imagine all the things we could learn if we had animals at our disposal, a great pond and time :)

Did you check them all with a UV lamp parfaitelumiere ??
Really nice! I love the coppery ones :cool:

Yes, I figured as much :)
The red ones are Pteria sterna and the two -larger ones are Pinctada mazatlanica.

I am always up for new pearls! :arms:

I purchased this golden cross.
4 missing pearls, diameter about 2,5mm, where should I get some replacement pearls?
If someone knows a source, natural or cultured, drilled on one side or undrilled, I would be happy to know!
View attachment 462626
Nice! It will look even better once you find those missing pearls. I don't see pin-post on the setting. Do you need drilled pearls?

Back