2mm Freshwater Pearls Drilled - Best Way to String Them?

liquidpearl

I was gifted with a rather large qty of freshwater pearls - white - all drilled that I would like to put to some good use and string them. I need some help figuring out the best way to go about this. Should I use need/string pre-attached as I've seen in some places, or should I just use a bead needle and silk thread that I thread myself in which case I would maybe need to widen the hole somewhat. How time consuming would widening holes be? Is there a method that I can do that would make it easier? Would any reamer do, or are there specific ones just for pearls?

Thanks,
Joy

What size is the drill hole. Normal size is 0.7mm for which you would need a number 3 of the all in one needle and silk product (you can see a full video of how to knot that here
With such tiny pearls you might want to knot only every three or four pearls.
If you have lots and lots a multi strand bracelet looks good
I would not recommend even considering enlarging the drill holes if you have a lot. Unless you have a lot of time and huge patience.

I have almost 6 kilo of these pearls. Couldn't say how big the drill hole is. Good idea on the knotting every 3rd. Thinking now of ways to utilize so many. They are quite pretty.

11149352_10206415853545203_1418414195340312041_n.jpg

What size is the drill hole. Normal size is 0.7mm for which you would need a number 3 of the all in one needle and silk product (you can see a full video of how to knot that here
With such tiny pearls you might want to knot only every three or four pearls.
If you have lots and lots a multi strand bracelet looks good
I would not recommend even considering enlarging the drill holes if you have a lot. Unless you have a lot of time and huge patience.

Back