36.5 Strand White Metallics from PP

Frost Me

BAS, GemGeek, LitGeek

Here are my pictures from my message to you! IMG_4346.jpgIMG_4354.jpgIMG_4358.jpgIMG_4362.jpg

Beautiful! I wanted the same pearls, too, but I hemmed and hawed way too long. Good to know that you have them.

Yes, BrendaPC the earrings have me smitten!!!! The strand is great I am going to hold out for a while and rethink what I want for strands. I have returned the 36.5" strand back to PP.

my criteria would be that I first look what kind of pearls I want, what length and then order and only return pearls when they are not at my expectations. Not use them to rethink what you really actual want. Think a 90 days return policy works strange situation in hand to order pearls for, let's say a marriage, wear them and after the event return them. I am more thinking of a kind of sealed pearls ( like diamonds) and when you break the seal you can not return them. Let's be fair :)

In Europe customers can return online purchases with no quibble for a fortnight by law and get a full refund. (earrings are an exception) And that applies whether the seller or the buyer (or both) is in Europe.
And if the shipping company loses..seller has to replace.

I think you have a good point Cees. But as Wendy pointed out there are laws in place in various counties that protect the buyer from an impulse purchase. Frankly I think two weeks is plenty. I figure if you have to think about something for longer than that then you probably shouldn't buy it because you obviously don't love it or can't afford it. It must be so hard to have things coming back and having to sort out the stock if one sold a lot of items. PP is very generous with 90 days.

I know this original post goes back aways..but those are really pretty pearls !

Didn't that strand re-sell pretty fast?

If not...^^

Just a bit of information for those who sell on eBay:

As of Nov.18 the window for returns will increase from the current 45 days to 180 days for items paid for with PayPal.

Also, since September, if a buyer claims the item is not as described, the seller has to pay for return shipping.
Seller beware!

Also, since September, if a buyer claims the item is not as described, the seller has to pay for return shipping.
Seller beware![/QUOTE]
Happily the European distance selling laws were just updated so we don't have to refund shipping - I don't mind refunding the price but it always seemed a bit of a swizz to have to refund shipping simply because if you take something back to a shop they don't refund your bus fare or car parking etc.
Pearl Dreams, are those new eBay rules worldwide or just USA, do you know?

Some are USA and some worldwide. I will have to check that out. When I know, I'll post.

I think they are world wide...I seem to recall a message from them last week or so.....ebay might be suffering a bit as I'm inundated with 'suggestions' from them and that never used to happen. The boys still purchase things on ebay and use my account (of course) so it's not the computer program picking up an low activity. I think they are feeling the pinch from the other online market places and trying to be more 'buyer' friendly.

Back