Tiffany's Bracelet

Badal

Hello Everyone, I am new to PG and this is my first post, I did search before I posted but only saw very expensive Tiffany bracelet posts or ebay posts.

I am buying a gift and looking to buy something from Tiffany&Co as I have a gift card to use there.

I saw this bracelet below in person and it seems very nice. What do you think? are they a complete no?

Thanks for your time!

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...p+155+2&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Holy Cow!

$425 for 22 pearls and a sterling clasp? Oh and a charm that advertises for them. Obviously I am not the person to whom they are marketing.

It's nice that you have a gift card, truly. I don't know what I'd buy at Tiffany's.

Hmm. This probably sounds snarky. Let's see what others who know the quality of the pearls have to say.

In any case, welcome to Pearl Guide!

Cecilia

I looked at some pearl strands at Tiffany a few months ago. I was shocked at the quality of the pearls! Off-round and downright dull "luster". After asking to look at a few strands I just walked out. I hadn't meant to buy, but I didn't even want to continue looking at ugly pearls. I only looked at their pearls. Maybe they have other items you would like.

Well..if it were me..I wouldn't buy pearls from them. If you want something that says Tiffany then the charms are cute with a sterling bracelet. I often buy the little China box, Tiffany blue with the white bow, as a present or the same box in lead crystal. They look pretty by the bedside and are good for earrings and rings etc. About 4" cube.

Welcome, Badal,

I haven't looked at Tiffany pearls at all.

When you buy from Tiffany's you are also paying for their brand name, their store front, their advertising. The Tiffany pearls in the photograph look round and lustrous, but you will not be receiving that exact bracelet.

We forum members are somewhat spoiled, many of us who have learned to identify good pearls, look for quality pearls first and know where to shop for excellent values.

So when you do decide on a Tiffany item, be sure to save the box and all the papers and receipts, in case you ever want to sell it or pass it on. Someone thought highly of you to give such a generous gift.

I'm sure I could find something lovely, even if I didn't choose pearls! Best of luck with your purchase!

Notice also where the charm is. Being heavy, it will hang down under the wrist, and the very plain looking lobster claw clasp will be on top of the wrist, interrupting the flow of the pearls. An odd place for a plain clasp. The look might work if the clasp were decorative, but it isn't.

I've seen a lot of FWP at Tiffany and none of them wowed me apart from some (very overpriced) smallish white freshwater keshi ($1450 as I recall) and some (reasonably priced) multicolored round FWP about 5 years ago. Their white round FWP are very ordinary. You can get a lot more bang for your FW pearl buck with online stores.

That said, since you want to use this Tiffany gift card, I would recommend something other than this bracelet. Maybe a pendant?

Last edited:
Sorry, however, I would not pay through the nose just to buy a name!!!

Last year I paid what I would consider as stupid money for a so-called designer sterling silver bracelet from them as a leaving present for a colleague, as she had already been given a necklace in the same design as a 30th birthday present or something like that.

I was truly shocked when I received the bracelet, as it was tiny and light-weight, and I can probably buy a more substantial bracelet in much less.

My colleague liked the bracelet, and I guess that's what mattered the most at the end of the day.

DK :)

As mother to two young women (almost 21 and 17) anything and everything they wear is a "designer" name...the "return to Tiffany" charms have been wildly popular for a number of years. As have the Elsa Peretti pieces. If you are looking for a daily wear piece, the pearls might not be a wise choice in a bracelet, although that depends on how "hard" you wear your bracelets. My girls really seem to gravitate toward the smaller sterling necklaces and will wear several of them at a time (different length chains). If you have a gift card to use, you should get something that makes you happy. I'd suggest that you go see them in person if you can, as the size is often not what we expect when viewing just on line (unless it can be displayed on a neck, wrist, or ear).

Thank you all so much for your input, you have no idea how much I appreciate all of your replies.

This has really helped in my search for the "perfect" gift. I was mainly looking for a Tiffany because of the name, I know I am probably paying more than half of the price for just the name.

I wanted to get a closer look and brought the bracelet home, they have a 30 day money back return policy so it would be ok if I have to return it. I did like another silver bangle/cuff in same price range that I might go towards as I agree with everyone here, it just feels like getting ripped off buying anything that is designer. However the intended Recipient Is 20 in college and would love something which is a little flashy.

I took some closer pictures for you all to see and maybe comment on what you think about this actual piece.

20140505_041310.jpg20140505_041323.jpg20140505_041429.jpg20140505_041525.jpg20140505_201518.jpg

Here is one picture in High Res http://badal.us/pearls.jpg

Last edited:
Notice also where the charm is. Being heavy, it will hang down under the wrist, and the very plain looking lobster claw clasp will be on top of the wrist, interrupting the flow of the pearls. An odd place for a plain clasp. The look might work if the clasp were decorative, but it isn't.

I've seen a lot of FWP at Tiffany and none of them wowed me apart from some (very overpriced) smallish white freshwater keshi ($1450 as I recall) and some (reasonably priced) multicolored round FWP about 5 years ago. Their white round FWP are very ordinary. You can get a lot more bang for your FW pearl buck with online stores.

That said, since you want to use this Tiffany gift card, I would recommend something other than this bracelet. Maybe a pendant?

I agree with this, it is going to wear a little strangely. It would have made much more sense to attach the heart charm near the clasp so the clasp part would hang below the wrist. It looks pretty but the pearls don't look like anything special, you could get WAY better pearls for that kind of money! If it were me, I'd likely buy something sterling from Tiffany's and do my pearl shopping elsewhere. It's very nice of you to take the time and effort to try to select just the right gift for the recipient!

PearlParadise has this bracelet on sale right now http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-321-75-80-mm-multicolor-freshwater-pearl-bracelet.aspx (about $100 if you upgrade to AAA pearls), the clasp is gold (rather than silver) and you would have enough left in your budget to include earrings too! Not sure if you are stuck on white pearls but the multi color often feel a little more casual and really go with everything!

I think the bracelet is lovely...my 20 year old has recently become fascinated with everything Audrey Hepburn (thanks to netflix!) and this bracelet reminds me of her...classic but trendy at the same time. I am sure the young woman will treasure your gift. I am thinking that you are looking for something from Tiffany's more than an heirloom strand of pearls...but if you do change your mind, and wish to get her finer quality pearls, then I too highly recommend Pearl Paradise. ETA: I am sure the quality of this strand is good...I simply meant you could (for the $450 price range) purchase a very nice strand from PP which will cost quite a bit more from another retailer. I hope that this doesn't sound as a criticism of your lovely gift!!

Badal,

Thank you for showing pics of the bracelet. It does look like the pearls are very pretty and well matched; of course, it's all about the name on the tag! Yes, the bracelet would hang more nicely if the tag were closer to the clasp.

A silver bangle is also a good choice, with logo, of course.:) Perhaps would be a more easy on-off and sturdier option for a college student.

To us here at P-G, it's about the pearls, but to a college student it will be about the name, the blue box, the logo!

Badal,

Thank you for showing pics of the bracelet. It does look like the pearls are very pretty and well matched; of course, it's all about the name on the tag! Yes, the bracelet would hang more nicely if the tag were closer to the clasp.

A silver bangle is also a good choice, with logo, of course.:) Perhaps would be a more easy on-off and sturdier option for a college student.

To us here at P-G, it's about the pearls, but to a college student it will be about the name, the blue box, the logo!

Well said! And so true.

Badal,

ITA and I think it is lovely and thoughtful gift!

My daughter is 18 and starting college in the fall. She's not impressed with Tiffany, Coach or any other brands. She likes getting more bang for her buck.

My 17 year old is more like yours, Pearl Dreams...and my 19 year old son...he couldn't care less, unless you are talking about his sneakers. But my oldest, who will be 21 shortly, well she's going to have to make a lot of money to support her tastes! I will say for all three whenever they really wanted something they found a way (legally of course!) to pay for it; although there were many times once the $$ was earned, the prize didn't seem so sweet. There is a life skill embedded in there somewhere (we hope!)

Oh, I think those are wise and lovely choices Badal :)

Back