No announcement yet.

Something a little different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great match! These are the kind of earrings that you can throw on with your jeans as well as being formal, so you are apt to get a lot of use out of them. I also like to keep a pair like this at work or in my car in case I forget to wear jewelry as they could go with anything. Very cute.

Comment

Originally posted by khanzy View Post
      Here are the copper/gold drops, I requested a strong green overtone. They are even the slightly more metallic than the most metallic pearls on my multicolor drop necklace, and have very few blemishes.

My original intention was to purchase these to match with my metallic multicolor drop necklace, but they are too small at 7.5-8mm compared to the 8-9mm of my necklace. However I took them out for a test run paired with my Tahitian pendant, and there is enough lavender/warmth in both (not to mention a green shift!), plus similar level of luster, to somehow pair well, at least to my eyes (the dark pendant contrasts with my skin, and the earrings contrast with my hair so its this odd opposing harmony?!)

Or maybe I am just trying to find an excuse to keep them because they are great standalone earrings, even though I know I will eventually buy a larger pair with similar coloring to match that original necklace if I ever get a chance-- which means I would have the "same" pearls in different sizes...what do you guys think? Is the pairing all in my head?

Please excuse my frazzled state, it was the end of a long work day!

[ATTACH]28221[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28223[/ATTACH]
      Next to the Tahitian pendant I paired it with today

Great pics! I love how you matched, or should we say "paired" them with your Tahitian pearl - they really do work well together.
      Kevin Canning
      Pearls Of Joy
      www.PearlsOfJoy.com
      Read My Blog
      FaceBook Fan Page
      1-800-451-1411

Comment

Oh I just love those gorgeous drops! Now I must add some of those to my wish list too!!! They work really well with your Tahitian...I rather like when things compliment each other well but aren't too "matchy-matchy", they look lovely together!
        ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

Gah! So beautiful and just in time for spring. They are absolutely perfect!
          Sarah Blue

"She is mine own, and I as rich in having such a jewel as twenty seas, if all their sand were pearl, the water nectar, and the rocks pure gold." ~ William Shakespeare

Comment

Wow! It's really amazing and awesome!

Comment

Such beautiful orient .. The lovely pair at the start of the thread are lovely and IMHO the perfect size ! And those drops look very pretty with the Tahitian ...lovely combination .. And why not mix things up a bit .. Not everything has to be all " matchy matchy" . Well done!
              https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
              https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

Pearl Dreams, GemGeek, bluebirrrd, Naan, Katbran thank you for the kind compliments.

pattye, that is a great idea! I think small green gems or crystals would really accentuate the natural colors of the pearls.

Amanda, thank you, you are too right about getting MORE pearls!

maiakity, the more the merrier They are just lovely!

I really have to give it to Kevin for being so patient and responsive to my inquiries, not to mention an excellent pair of earrings. I will be looking out for some baroque studs in the future, if you choose to bring them in again

Comment

khanzy -- I also have those intensely metallic drops from Kevin and though they are far smaller than I usually wear, they are just so incredibly metallic and have such a pleasing shape. that I do find myself reaching for them. Sometimes less is more -- and this is one of those cases, I think. I love your pairing of the metallic drops with your Tahitian!

[ATTACH]28298[/ATTACH

Click image for larger version

Name:	PofJ metallic drop earring..jpg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	355241

Name:	PofJ metallics 3.jpg
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	355242
                  Attached Files

Comment

BAS, your drops are lovely, in fact they were the ones that first caught my eye when Kevin shared the photos on the PoJ facebook page. After seeing them (and the PoJ HK blog photos) I was just waiting and waiting for him to put them up! So happy to see them on you, you look wonderful!

Comment

Your metallics are SO pretty BAS!

Comment

I'm really enjoying the show and tell - even with "mood" lighting!

Comment

Originally posted by BAS View Post
                          khanzy -- I also have those intensely metallic drops from Kevin and though they are far smaller than I usually wear, they are just so incredibly metallic and have such a pleasing shape. that I do find myself reaching for them. Sometimes less is more -- and this is one of those cases, I think. I love your pairing of the metallic drops with your Tahitian!

[ATTACH]28298[/ATTACH

[ATTACH]28299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]28300[/ATTACH]
                          You metallic drops are lovely, they just glow!
                          ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

Hello Pearl Friends: I also received a pair of metallic drops from Pearls of Joy. I decided to put them on a small hoop. And was it you Pattye(?), I liked your idea of someday using them as a drop under a larger pearl in some future earrings. They certainly shine in the light. Thanks Kevin!

Name:	DSC04402.jpg
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	355312Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04400.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	355313Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04407.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB