Something a little different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maiakity View Post
    Oooh Pattye, those are gorgeous!!!! Yes, ear shots please!!!! (maybe with the necklace too?)
    Yes. Let's see more.

Comment

Pattye: I love that set. Very cool design. The dark, rectangular-type chain contrasts so nicely with the organic pearl. Well done!

Comment

Your set is lovely Pattye! Enjoy and wear them in perfect health.

Comment

Melissa,

If you decide that your colorful top pair of earrings doesn't suit you, let me know, haha. You look amazing in the whites against your dark hair! Yes, the color of my studs is "fancy."

Thanks very much all~BAS, Melissa, Khanzi and PD for your kind remarks and compliments. The chain is darkened with Liver of Sulfur solution. Lots of info online. Most bead stores sell it. IT STINKS!

Not only am I having problems learning to take selfies, my computer is now refusing to recognize my SD card~grrrrr. So unable to download any photos of any sort at the moment.
          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Wow, I got my metallic nuggets so quickly. Thanks, Kevin! They are insanely metallic and fascinating to look at in my make-up mirror. I wish I could go on a date with my own self so I could look at these charmers:
            Attached Files

Comment

Wowee wow! Those look amazing on you!

These were my favorite pair, I was wondering who got them! Congrats, they look simply stunning!
              Last edited by maiakity; 02-11-2014, 01:30 AM.
              ~Melissa

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsOBeauty

Comment

Originally posted by maiakity View Post
                wowee wow! Those look amazing on you!

Bas, just amazing!
                Pattye

Comment

I agree - they are wonderful.

Comment

BAS they are just GORGEOUS!!!

Comment

These photos show what is so great about baroques. The light plays off them so beautifully!

Comment

All of the studs and drops shown in this thread are gorgeous - nice one, Kevin and Co!

Pattye, your chain's lovely, and a great setting for a lovely pearl.

Comment

Copper/Gold Metallic Drop Earrings

Here are the copper/gold drops, I requested a strong green overtone. They are even the slightly more metallic than the most metallic pearls on my multicolor drop necklace, and have very few blemishes.

My original intention was to purchase these to match with my metallic multicolor drop necklace, but they are too small at 7.5-8mm compared to the 8-9mm of my necklace. However I took them out for a test run paired with my Tahitian pendant, and there is enough lavender/warmth in both (not to mention a green shift!), plus similar level of luster, to somehow pair well, at least to my eyes (the dark pendant contrasts with my skin, and the earrings contrast with my hair so its this odd opposing harmony?!)

Or maybe I am just trying to find an excuse to keep them because they are great standalone earrings, even though I know I will eventually buy a larger pair with similar coloring to match that original necklace if I ever get a chance-- which means I would have the "same" pearls in different sizes...what do you guys think? Is the pairing all in my head?

Please excuse my frazzled state, it was the end of a long work day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	left ear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	355191

Name:	right ear.jpg
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	355192

Name:	with tahi.jpg
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	355193
                          Next to the Tahitian pendant I paired it with today

Comment

I see what you mean about the greenish tone that makes them go with the pendant.

Metallics can surprise you. My smallest white metallic studs go surprisingly well with my muliticolored exotic round strand. They don't match, of course, but they go well together anyway.

Comment

That is so gorgeous with the green! Look wonderful together, too! If at a later date you want to, it would be simple to add a decorative link, another pearl or gem between the pearl and french wire. This pair of earrings would have a completely updated look!
                              Pattye

Comment

They are both lovely in themselves (and fantastic with your colouring) and also go really well with the Tahitian. Of course, you can always buy more earrings in the future (and we KNOW you will!) but they are a lovely set.

Comment

Working...
                                X