Are drop metallics a good gift for somebody who doesn't know pearls?

May I add that I think larger pearls on a younger, slender woman makes the whole thing look more fashionable and less formal.

- Karin

I just wanted to thank everyone once again! I've been wearing the metallics these last couple of days, and have definitely started seeing much more in them than when they first arrived. :)

And I have to agree with Karin - they definitely don't look stuffy or formal when worn on their own. I did try them on with some white drop earrings, and felt that that looked almost too matchy to be worn casually, if that makes sense.

Wonderful! I do think it takes time to appreciate our new pearls, but the more we look at them, the more they weave their magic.

And I have to agree with Karin - they definitely don't look stuffy or formal when worn on their own. I did try them on with some white drop earrings, and felt that that looked almost too matchy to be worn casually, if that makes sense.

Makes a lot of sense! I may wear pearl earrings with a pearl necklace but never matching.

- Karin

I just wanted to thank everyone once again! I've been wearing the metallics these last couple of days, and have definitely started seeing much more in them than when they first arrived. :)

So happy to hear you have warmed up to them! I think the size and shape make the strand very casual and easy to wear. Enjoy!

Just wanted to give an update: I ended up keeping the drop metallics and gifted the CC strand. And I think it was a great choice! The recipient (my future mother in law) seemed to really love them (and they looked even more beautiful in the white gift box Pattye helped me source!), and I've been getting plenty of wear out of the metallics. In all honesty sometimes they still feel a smidge large, but not in a bad way. More in a wear them when I'm feeling bold and confident way. :)
So thank you for all of your wonderful advice and support!

Here they are on Christmas morning - I was trying to take a picture of my new studs to send to my mom, but she noticed the pearls right away.
photo 2 (3).jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Pattye. You look terrific wearing the metallics and great earrings too! :) MIL is very happy now.

Last edited:
Happy to hear you are enjoying your new metallics and MIL loved her CC's! Win win!

Back