Freshadama metallic white vs silver overtones - please help

Zhuzhu

Hello,

I've been reading and learning a lot in this forum the last days. Thank you very much! :)

Now, I want to buy a 18" white Freshadama necklace 7,5-8mm (or 8,5-9mm) with a white gold clasp from PP for my wife for christmas.

Please help me decide whether to choose a "metallic white" or a white one with silver overtones. Where is the difference?
Maybe, someone can compare them in real life or has experiences with both? Every tipp or advice is highly appreciated.
I think, the most important thing for us is the extreme luster, orient and shininess :)
Since my wife is asian, I prefer the metallic white or white with silver overtones to the pink overtones, because I think it complements her skin better.
So... please help me and thank you very much in advance.
Best wishes from Germany

No contest: Go for the metallic white Freshadama pearls! These are very uncommon and highly lustrous.

See my thread about my metallic white necklace and earrings (one of the photos is of my silver-rose Freshadamas side by side with the metallic white strand):

What a thoughtful gift and one I am sure your wife will love! I agree, go with the metallic whites! If they are available, grab her some earrings to go with it at the same time so PP can match them to the strand for you.

Please help me decide whether to choose a "metallic white" or a white one with silver overtones. Where is the difference?

The metallic whites have an intense green undertone that makes them appear very white against the skin, while the undertone of the regular white Freshadamas will be silver.

I'm sure both are a good choice; my earlier post reflects my personal taste.

Thank you both. I will follow your suggestions and buy the metallic white Freshadamas in 7,5-8mm. I allready asked for metallic white ear studs in 7,5-8mm that would match the necklace. Now I think about the clasp. I think it should be white gold. Maybe the polished ball is a little too big for this size of pearls, so it seems like the fish hook would be the best choice(?), either floral or solid. I also asked for a 18K version of the clasps. (Background is that in China yellow gold is usually 24K and white gold 18K where my wife comes from... oh, and a platinum clasp might be too expensive for me(?!), but I don't know how much these would be). Few years ago, I allready bought her a pearl necklace: 7mm Akoya AAA with 14K white gold clasp with saphires + matching earrings (18K). She loves them, but I'm not sure anymore if it's really AAA (even though the certificate says so) and they are also smaller than 7mm - I didn't know too much about pearls then and didn't know about PP or Freshadamas... However, I think the Freshadamas will overshadow everything else :) And you can never have enough pearls...
@Pearl Dreams: These pearls really look extremely amazing!!! Congratulations! Both matches your skin very well. For my wife, I think the metallics would match her golden skin tone a little better than the pink.

Back