Freshadama for men

Hi Matt,

My husband bought a pearl on leather from Kamoka Pearls last summer. He didn't take it off even once until the leather wore out after a year. It still looked good. I think the important part is for you to buy a pearl you like, use it the way you feel like, and should you feel after some years it needs replacing, well it wont be the cost of necklace.

Good luck and have fun :)

- Karin

Personally I would prefer to go direct to Galatea. There should be no problems with wearing the pearl continually - I did some extensive product testing with a long leather strip with pearls which I've taken everywhere with me this year and worn swimming, travelling, to mini ruckuses in HK and so on, all wtih photos and that was 1mm leather. pearls don't mind water. You might need to replace the leather but that is very easy and quick to do, especially with a single pearl

Last edited:
I was looking at the Kamoka website before actually. How big was your husbands pearl?

I found this while browsing in etsy. I like it quite a lot and it looks big enough...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/1599506...ndmade&ga_facet=handmadecarved+tahitian+pearl

Hi Matt,

Peter's pearl is a regular 10 mm. - not particularly big. He's about 6 feet tall and muskular but the pearl looked really good with his business suits and patterned shirts as well as with t-shirt. He doesn't swim but he does a lot of sports without any regard to the pearl. Right now it's with Josh (who owns Kamoca Pearls) to be retrung. You can sort of see it on the picture to the right here: http://raziel.dk/bluser.html

- Karin

I find the Galatea website hard to figure out? How do I figure out the pricing of their items? And do all of their pearls have the diamond set into them?

That does put my mind at ease, I like to be able to leave things on continuously.

That pearl does look very good in him!

Hmm, I just looked at the website - not the clearest! I suggest you email and ask prices on carved tahitian on leather - I know they have them because we were talking about them in HK and I saw them right there on the stand! one pearl, black leather and sterling silver

I've just done that now, thanks! Do you recall around how much they were?

You might try contacting Josh at Kamoka pearl. He has a Mana line (created for surfers) that offers necklaces, bracelets, and anklets. Here is a link to the bracelet:

http://buy.kamokapearls.com/collections/kangaroo-leather-line/products/mana-bracelet

I don't see any necklaces in stock, but if you tell him what you are looking for her might be able to do a custom one for you. His pearls are magnificent, he uses sustainability practices on his pearl farm, and he is a super nice guy!!! Getting your necklace right the first time will save you money in the long run.

Plus, he uses the shells that produce the pearls to nucleate.

it's not good to swim in chlorinated pools with pearls. Or Argentium silver. I ruined (well, negatively affected the appearance of) a pair of earrings that way this past summer.

I started with "go with 12mm+", but you know what? It's a question of heart and balance. The two pearls from druzy are outstanding and glow enough to have a BIG visual impression. The carved pearl, while bigger and very cool looking, is dull luster-wise. Whichever pearl feels like it'd hurt you to leave behind - that's your pearl, if you're only buying one.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Also regarding pools, chlorinated water is hard on white gold. For a while years ago I was treating patients at a therapeutic pool and it wrecked my prongs.

Another thing to know is that PP and other vendors have more pearls on hand than they have up on their website at any given time. Jeremy has a vault full. So if you don't see what you want, ask.

You're right, going direct to Galatea isn't the most economical option. They sent me their catalog and my god, the pearls are absolutely breathtaking. They are however $500-$900, so a bit out of my price range unfortunately.

I'll give josh a yell and see what he has to say.

I did notice the luster and wasn't sure if it was something to be concerned about, thanks for letting me know its not ideal. I'll keep searching.

Oh my sweet Lord, I've fallen in love! PP TAHITIAN strand TAN000-1006.

(PS found the New Thread Button:rolleyes:so embarrassed. I Forgot, one has to go to appropriate forum first)

Last edited:
Hi Newberry, Noooooooo (stifled sob, sniff). They are So GORGEOUS!!!! and I want to, but need a computer...and I'm so nuts about pearls that I want to throw caution to the winds...and such a good price...sometimes I just hate having self-controL. Thanks for asking.

I think I need to go have a short pity-party and get over it, get a little equilibrium restored.

Last edited:
Hi Newberry, Noooooooo (stifled sob, sniff). They are So GORGEOUS!!!! and I want to, but need a computer...and I'm so nuts about pearls that I want to throw caution to the winds...and such a good price...sometimes I just hate having self-controL. Thanks for asking.

I think I need to go have a short pity-party and get over it, get a little equilibrium restored.

Lisa, they are beautiful, but if it's any consolation I'm sure they look quite different from their glamor shots. This is what I tell myself, anyway, when I want pearls I can't afford :p

Back