Fireball Show & Tell

lilliefuzzysocks -- The bracelet did indeed sell. Not to me. (sad face)

That necklace is so gorgeous! I was wondering who the lucky owner was. Thank you for sharing the photos.

Pattye .. thanks for posting the photo of the John Tu strand.. remarkable!
Amrita .. those are some wild white ones! Very exotic shapes !
And finally back to the original post .. that is a seriously fabulous necklace. They look enormous..what size are they? And is the colour purple/bronze .. always a bit hard to tell in photos. I've never seen them drilled on the side before..great idea.. they probably hang better that way without twisting around. Beautiful..I'm going to have pearl dreams tonight!

Ohhhhh those fireballs! Just stunning! I'm so glad we got to see them in action, I was wondering who snagged that gorgeous piece. Thanks for sharing :)

I picked up some white fireballs at Intergem last weekend but after seeing the beauties posted here, I don't feel like they measure up! They're simple white ones with luster and some nice orient. My first strand with tassels, haha.

Wow! is all I can think to say. Always love seeing the pearls around a real person's neck and thank you for sharing your beautiful pearls with us all.

These are such a work of art, congratulations on an amazing purchase! I was very tempted to buy the matching bracelet : ) Pearl Paradise has had so many goodies this month.

beautiful baroque pearls necklace
Hello All,

Although new to the forum that hasn't stopped me from jumping, head first into the astounding world of PEARLS. I'm learning so much from reading your posts and blogs! Which leads me to my new fireball necklace.

On August 1st I had a little time on my hands so I checked into PP's Blog and stumbled on to the offering of their Connoisseur Collection. I had just been reading about Kasumi Pearls and was enchanted by the many colors of freshwater pearls, but then I saw them..... FIREBALL FRESHWATER PEARLS! PP had a necklace in which these pearls were drilled on the side. The effect was and is, a sense of flowing illumination.

So yes, YES, I bought them. I am amazed by them and really want to share them with you, but I also want to see other freshwater fireball pieces. This is a whole new pearl arena for me and I hope you will share with me. So here I go with my pictures. Here's my disclamer. I have taken these with my IPhone, so I'll do my best.

View attachment 24515View attachment 24516View attachment 24517View attachment 24518

I hope this gives you a sense of their beauty. I took one in a simple black dress, one wearing a blue tank & jeans and one in an orange jersey beach dress. I also turned them around so you can see them from both angles. When I thought I was done, I took them off and put them on my bed. I looked down and I loved the way they looked on my sheets, so I took a final pic.

Please enjoy,

Rkas

Bump... I have been admiring everyone's lovely fireballs and I'm considering buying one myself as a big pendant. What colours, shapes and sizes are the most versatile? I would like it to be bigger than 16-17mm, because this is the size of my current biggest pendant, a WSS baroque circle drop. I like the colourful fireballs but I'm concerned they might be more difficult to match or wear over my tops.

BAS, what a great collection you have! I like your most spectacular fireball the best, but I can see how it might be unsuitable for everyday wear if you're running around a lot. How big is this one, as well as your "goddess" pendant? The "goddess" looks good for daily wear.

And can you describe their colours and overtones?

I don't have the measurements on hand -- if you want me to measure do you want the width at the widest, or the length at the longest? Or both?

As far as colors -- you can see for yourself in the photos. Fire Goddess has pinks and golds and greens and Pearl of the Week has silvers and blues and pinks. Every pearl looks very different in different lighting conditions and depending on what one is wearing.

Hi BAS, yes, it would be great to have width and length measurements for both pearls when you get the chance. Thanks for the offer.

Actually, when I say "width" I mean how wide the spherical parts of the pearls are.

Last edited:
Back