Pendant from China arrived

Blossy

Just wondering if anyone can id this?

The listing (eBay - I know, I know...) said 8mm golden south sea drop, but I'm not that naive!

So tell me, is it dyed freshwater? natural colored freshwater, or fake?

I can see one tiny blemish only... Can't tell if its a pit or more like a tide mark from dye.

Oh - the finding is stamped 14kt, no idea if its plated or an outright lie, but I doubt it's solid given I paid $10! It isn't chunky though, it's very fine so who knows?

null_zpsa97704c8.jpg

null_zps8809f0d5.jpg

null_zpsd1da4b6a.jpg

My vote is dyed freshwater-- the oval shape, the color and price all point that way-- but it's pretty nonetheless.

It's nice, but whets the appetite to replace it in due course..... GSS baroque, or some kind of natural coloured pearl in gold tones?

For that price, all you will get is freshwater, but I love the way freshwater pearls can do a good job of imitating sea pearls! I always have. It is just when they don't admit what they are I don't like it. That looks great on you and if anyone knows enough to think it is something, they will likely think it looks SS.....

I don't mind it being freshwater, I would just prefer it not to be dyed. So a goldish coloured pendant is on my list, but I'll enjoy this one in the meantime.

its pretty but not SS and for $10 you can't go wrong. I would not be happy with the seller if they told you it was SS though, you should contact them and leave a review about the "mistake".

I think so too - I knew it would be freshwater so I wasn't duped, but the dishonesty stinks.

Lovely neck, pretty pearl and twisted chain look is cool, too. Was the pearl an auction?

I think it is dyed golden freshwater pearls,not natural gold color , the natural gold in freshwater pearls rarely(cannot ) be that golden.
the seller should tell you the truth that it is freshwater instead of SS .

We cannot see the pearl quality clearly after pearl dyed, the blemishes ,especially the luster.

Back