PP Metallic fireball earrings

Lulu

Ok folks, come clean on PG. Someone on PG must have bit on the January special: http://www.pearlparadise.com/Pearls-on-sale447.aspx

The earrings went so quickly.... I clicked through the email innocently enough when it hit my inbox. I didn't even intend to get anything, I swear. Just for the heck of it, I ended up buying a pair and then went to a meeting for an hour. By the time I got back to my desk, the selection was vastly depleted! Fast work!

In any case, I'll show you mine if you show me yours....

Please show us yours :). Mine arrived today, here in New Zealand and I am delighted with them, although I could only justify buying from the cheapest range (bronze). I have just tried to photograph them for you, but the overtones are hard to capture and I don't think I've done the blue/mauve hints justice.

I haven't posted here before, but have been an occasional reader for many years and I'm afraid you all have been rather a bad influence - this year, I finally managed to justify buying the baroque tahitian earrings I'd been ogling for several years, only to have the unmissable white metallic pearl offer arrive from PP, and now these!

Thanks to everyone for all the great posts, pictures and information over the years. :eek:

DSCN0369.jpgDSCN0376.jpg

Lizard, welcome to PG and thank you for sharing -- they are absolutely lovely!

As promised, here are my pair. IRL they are lavender with strong green and gold flashes (my favorite). I got these with just the bail put in, as I'm still trying to decide what earring finding to use. I am leaning towards the Romance setting from the PP range, but in the meantime, they are on these simple GF hooks. These are destined to be my "wedding earrings" for all of the weddings coming in the spring and summer.

For one of the pearls, I can't figure out which one should be the "right side". One side has contouring that would be a better mirror image for the other, but then the other side has the most gorgeous green metallic flash. Maybe y'all can help me decide?

Last Roll - 2.jpg

Last Roll - 3.jpg

I had ordered pair "F" on the picture below, but from the picture, I can't tell that they are my pair at all. I'm pretty happy with the pair I've got, but I would hate to have someone else's in a mix-up. Then again, I can't figure out if my pair matches any of the other ones shown here...

703x324b.jpg

Hi Lulu, those are lovely. They have to be the "G" pair on the photo. I think I got the "B" pair, as I liked their symmetry (and I missed out on "E"). I might try and take another photo later today, to try and capture the colours in natural light and do them justice - your photos are much better!

Haha... looking at the pearls in person, I couldn't figure out which pair mine corresponded to. Now looking at the pictures, I think they are pair "G"...

Hi Lulu, those are lovely. They have to be the "G" pair on the photo. I think I got the "B" pair, as I liked their symmetry (and I missed out on "E"). I might try and take another photo later today, to try and capture the colours in natural light and do them justice - your photos are much better!

Lizard, just saw your response -- I think you're right about which pair I ended up getting. I hope the person who ended up with my pair likes it okay!

I had to color-adjust the heck out of my pictures. Photographing on a white background makes the autoexposure go crazy because I think it's programmed to default to make the background greyish in tone. I tried to compensate by putting it on the "snow" setting, but I still end up having to adjust.

Those are all terrific earrings. I can imagine that they will get a lot of attention and compliments. Enjoy! :cool:

Some daylight photos to do them justice - easy to see why they are called "fireballs". :)

I would love one in a ring one day...

DSCN0387.jpgDSCN0391.jpg

Congratulations to whoever paired them up at Pearl Paradise. Many hours of pearl fugue in natural light to match up such irregular pearls.

The color and orient is really nice on the ones people have pictured. I passed this time but am definitely a bit envious. Saving my scheckles for some other pearl goals right now though.

Hi Lulu!

I ended up getting your F pair. Unfortunately, I don't like the colors in this pair as I was really looking for that green/gold combo in G.

So, the person who wanted F got G and the person who wanted G got F? Was this a mixup in shipping at PP?

Seems like there ought to be a way to get the pearls you each wanted to each other. Maybe each of you could send them back to PP to be reshipped to the correct person.
Riskier to mail them to each other.

Sometimes things like this happen on eBay and the advice given in the forums is always for each buyer to return their item to the seller, who then re-ships to the correct person.

PP told me it was a production error. I'm returning F pair so if Lulu still wants them, they'll be back at PP in the near future. It seems from the posts that Lulu really likes G so enjoy and wear them in good health;) I'll just look for something else.

Hi Pearlmutter --

Yes, the person I spoke to at PP said that they were just switched by mistake. I had let them know I would be happy to send back the pair I received, if they wanted me to, but she said that you were all set and didn't mind.... So, Thank you! :p

I finally got around to taking pictures of my "main pair" using iPhone. Lighting from the picture hanging on the cup isn't best either.

Attachments

• photo-171.jpg
    photo-171.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 32
  • photo-173 copy.jpg
    photo-173 copy.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 33
Has anyone heard about square nucleus into FW pearls that give quite strange metallic huge pearls?

Back