Looking for Chinese Supplier

Hi Caitlin,
Are you going to the gem show in Tucson this week? Will you give us a little report if so? Wish I lived close enough to go!
Pattye

Hi
Yes, I do plan to drop by and check out the booths at the Rodeway Inn. I am hoping to find more of those gorgeous 9mm button pearls or something better!

I am finding I need more gems this time around, so I will be looking for roundels in garnets, amethysts and other inexpensive but pretty baubles.

Any one want any price checks on a specific gem or type of pearl, let me know and I'll scout it out and post.

I think they have a regulation about taking cameras in at a lot of shows, but maybe this one allows it. I shoulda thought about it earlier and sought permission as a "reporter" for the best online pearl source of info! Come to think, that is a good gimmick and I will ask when I go.

China Pearls

China Pearls

(Thanks for the mention, Caitlin!) I live in the Philippines, and visit the Shanxiahu ("Pearl City") market in Zhuji City, Zhajiang Province, every month to purchase directly from source, for my online wholesale pearl business. It's like diving into an ocean of pearls! But nobody (NOBODY) speaks English. Except for a few individuals, including my trusted associate. Anyways, for someone seeking smaller quantities, who doesn't want to buy by the kilo, or buy 50 strands of each, or take a chance on direct suppliers in China, or travel all the way to Arizona... there are a few really good, reputable Web-based suppliers, ours included. The prices are not purely wholesale - that's impossible to do - but they are "semi-wholesale", without much overhead cost and with no middlemen to pay. This really suits small-business jewelry designers, especially. We do the hard work of choosing the right quality of pearls, getting them all the way from China, and setting up a purchase system. I am not sure about the other online services, but we ship worldwide - and actually have many repeat customers in Sweden, more than any other country in Europe. (Would anybody know why?!)

Back