Looking for Chinese Supplier

S

Sofie

:) Hi!
Could someone please help me.....Please!!!!!
I really need help....

I'm getting so very sad and sorry and frustrated when I see all beatiful strands of fresh water pearls on the ebay and really want to order strands from some suppliers, but I can't find any supplier at which charge less than $3 a strand.

Do any know some chinas supplier that sells FW nuggets less than $3?????
Please contact me.....I really would appreciate it....

A friend of mine has bought very nice fresh water strands from China for $1,6 per strand.
Unfortunately she doesn't want tell me from whom.....I don't see why....

I have tried to search on the internet but I couldn't find any one......
So if you know some one please contact me....you really would make my day.....!

Best Regards
Sofie ;)

email: sofie_1234@spray.se

By the way I must say that I really enjoy the pearl-guide....it's brilliant....thanks....

Hi Sofie
I assume you have a resale license. If so, try Evergreen Trading Co. Roy Chen. He is a huge wholesaler whose dad has a big chunk of the Chinese market, so his workers tell me he gets first choice of the exports.
I buy from him at the G&LW shows, when they come to Tucson, but I have reordered from his office. They will ask you to send a sample pearl to
Evergreen Trading Co
607 S Hill St #431, LA CA 90014
1-213-688-2723
They will try to duplicate it.
I got nuggets 4-5mm for $1 a strand. Less if I buy by the kilo. I also got extraordinary 5mm round whites with AAA luster for $4 per. And once, I got 12+ klonks for $10per.

I have at least 20 other cards I collected at the gem show, Some I bought from, others I liked for other reasons, so if Roy doesn't suit you-let me know.

Caitlin Williams said:
Hi Sofie
I assume you have a resale license. If so, try Evergreen Trading Co. Roy Chen. He is a huge wholesaler whose dad has a big chunk of the Chinese market, so his workers tell me he gets first choice of the exports.

You really have to take everything HK sellers say with a grain of salt. Nearly all HK wholesalers have the same story. Evergreen is a good wholesaler and a decent-size HK company, but I have never seen them on the Mainland, only their HK office which houses piles and piles of pearls. I know for certain that they are not one of the 7 largest producers, which make up nearly 80% of production.

But, what is most important is that they appear to have good pricing. If you buy pearls such as those described for $15 per kilo in China, you are still looking at about $12 per kilo shipping out to here. So their margins are small for an HK operation.

Hi Jeremy
Evergreen was my first choice for buying gem show pearls after spending at least a week looking at quality and prices at almost 100 dealers.

He is about the best on the gem show circuit. He easily has the best quality in 5-6, 6-7, 7-8mm in white round. AAA luster and nothing over $10 for that quality. I don't like his coin pearls any better than others, but they are better than most. I got my AA9mm button pearls from him- they were more than $10 each. His Keishi runs around $20 a strand and has excellent orient. That is high, but less than many other booths. He has a lot of peach rounds at even better prices than the whites. He also has all the commercia colors and shapes for $1-3 per.

He has a whole range of dyed peacock colors from 3mm-10mm in various shapes. This year, some of them were spectacular. I got 10mm from him for $10 per- VERY round and wonderful shades of colors.

And he has literally at least 1/2 acre of pearls spread out. Yes, I said 1/2 acre. Not even Taiwoo Pearl comes to the show with as many pearls for as low prices.

He does not usually have ove 9mm and he has never had seed pearls- I mean the ones the size of #12 oe #13 beads.

I definintely agree with you that they have a big set up and great wholesale prices. This is rare of an HK company. Tai Woo is actually small on the HK scale. Man Sang is by far the largest in HK, but they typically have a small showing here in the US. Their Hong Kong operation is at least triple (in sq. footage) than Evergreen. They take several entire floors of Railway Plaza.

But they are an HK company. The only Evergreen factory I know of in China is in Shenzen, and that is for their finished jewelry line.

I would be willing to bet, however, that Evergreen fronts for one of the larger Zhejiang factories at the US shows. This would account for their lower than HK average prices and larger selection. But they are traders, not producers. The large ones are the producers, the ones you never see in Vegas or Tucson. Like Ruans, Shanxiahu, Sanshui, etc. These companies have warehouses that are full of thousands of tons of pearls, and thousands of employees every day. The HK companies are the ones that sell for them.

Hi Jeremy
Thanks for the HK inside info. Man Sang is big enough to have articles in the "Asia Jewellery" trade bulletins and online trade rags. I have posted aobout their major corporate moves here a few times. But I have never seen their name on pearls over here. Now I know why.

In the show circuit, I notice the new, higher quality stuff is in short supply (there are merely tons of it) and goes fast. When it is gone, all that is left is mega-ton pallettes and boxes of orange heishi or magenta coins or kiwi nuggets or yellow egg shapes, all stacked up. I swear they just lose money hauling that trash around. They need to face reality and get rid of it- I'd say grind them up and use the powder as calcium carbonate to sweeten soils- but the artificial dyes make it useless for that- or cosmetics! I think the dyes make them into hazardous waste!

It is good news for consumers (retailers) that the prices are low and the quality is good. I am worried about other suppliers in the States. Will the low price affect the entire market? Will the low prices decrease the value of Pearls. If I were at Tucson, I would definitely buy from Evergreen. I believe many of you will do the same.

On the other hand, I don't like to see the value of Pearl falls.

David

Hi all!:)
No, I don't have a resale license.
I just enjoy doing necklaces and bracelets for me, my family and friends....
So I don't sell them...
I give them away as gifts......
Therefore I don't mind if the pearls are not the best quality...

Do you know any suppliers that you can buy from as a private person?
I don't mind if I have to buy 10-20 strands of each colour, but 50 strands of each colour is too much....

Hope to hear from you!
Best Regards
Sofie (from Sweden);)

Hi Sophie
Well, you might just try Evergreen anyway. The resale licesnce is for Americans selling in the states. You can buy as little as one strand at a time from them, and I imagine he mails to Sweden since he has such an international clientele at the Gem shows.

It also occurs to me you might look at Integrity Pearls. They are members of this site and have links to this site all over their site. They have a good selection of beading pearls. The owner, Doug, lives in the Phillipines and goes to China monthly. He distributes from Canada, so they seem a good bet too. http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/default.aspx?sfid=88340

Hi again!
Thanks for all the freshwater pearls supplier surgestions.
I was soo happy and excited to try them all.
Unfortunatly I only found Integrity Pearl on the net. But they had very nice pearls...
I tried Man sang but there you couldn?t see any products.
The rest I couldn't find on google or altavista.

You don't happen to have their adresses, so you could study the pearls on the net?
I also tried Evergreen but it seem to be a very common name....

Sorry for all the trouble I caused you all...
I really want you to know that I really appriciate you taking the time and helping me with this.....THANKS!!!!!
Best Regards
Sofie

Caitlin,

This is what I was able to find, connected to Evergreen:

Suzhou Joint Venture Pearls Cultivation Holding Ltd.
Changzhou Global Evergreen Jewelry Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Suqian International Jewelry Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu Jurong Evergreen Pearls Cultivation Co., Ltd.
HongKong Evergreen (International) Jewelry Co. Chau?s pearl(America) Co.,Ltd.

There is also the previously mentioned finished jewelry location across the border from HK. But this shows something affiliated in Suzhou and Jiangsu.

Hi Sophie and Jeremy
The Evergreen Trading Company run by Roy Chen may not even reflect the name of his family's business. They do not have an online presence, which is why I provided the phone number and the address. Roy and his wife are there most weekdays except during show weekends.
I also think he will mail to Sweden because he does such an international business through the gem shows. And he is cheap. And you can buy anything from 1 strand to 10 kilos. So far no minimum purchase either. I find him easy to to business with.
The quickest way to get a response is to send samples of the pearls you want. They will call you if necessary. I have his cell phone number too, but send me a pm if you want it, I do not want to put that up! I know he calls China on his cellphone so I think he will cal Sweden.
Good luck and keep me up on your progress with Roy or someone else - if you find someone suitable.

Sofie said:
:) Hi!
Could someone please help me.....Please!!!!!
I really need help....

I'm getting so very sad and sorry and frustrated when I see all beatiful strands of fresh water pearls on the ebay and really want to order strands from some suppliers, but I can't find any supplier at which charge less than $3 a strand.

Do any know some chinas supplier that sells FW nuggets less than $3?????
Please contact me.....I really would appreciate it....

A friend of mine has bought very nice fresh water strands from China for $1,6 per strand.
Unfortunately she doesn't want tell me from whom.....I don't see why....

I have tried to search on the internet but I couldn't find any one......
So if you know some one please contact me....you really would make my day.....!

Best Regards
Sofie ;)

email: sofie_1234@spray.se

By the way I must say that I really enjoy the pearl-guide....it's brilliant....thanks....

Sophie, I am in China and can help. I need more information. My email: lewis@jpoffice.com I am also interested in FW pearls

Hi Pearl Avenue
I have personally visited Chau's Pearls in SF. They are in one of those buildings on Brannan St dedicated to the "wholesale" jewelry trade with dozens of businesses tucked into every crevice. I thought their prices were riduculously high and so are the prices on their website!they are very retail pretending to be wholesale prices..... and maybe they were the ones that tried to sell me a strand of Swarowski glass pearls as genuine Tahitians.... oh, I think those guys were next door, but I tell you, I would never go back in that building again! What a rip off.

I spent some time at their webpage. Some of the button pearls I would buy- If Evergreen ran out. the 9mm are only $2 per more than Roy charged last time I bought, but I would only buy if i couldn't get it elsewhere and had to have it.

I just looked at their per kilo page. they are selling 12mm buttons for $50 a kilo. That is a deal- the best one on their site. Coice of white, dyed black or easter egg multicolored

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! Do u have Roy's email? Does he have any representative in Hong Kong who can handle international order?

I don't have his email. He is really low tech compared to most. I suggest you call him and ask. I gave the info I have above. I would be interested in knowing what you find out. I won't see him until next Sept when he does a mini-show in Tucson.

pearl farming

pearl farming

Most of the people know Guangzhou and HK pearls in China ,But actually the farming are located in Shanxia lake ,zhuji ,Zhejiang .:) My hometown is in Zhuji ,zhejiang .But most of us don't know how to find a customer because we haven't fair .Hope i can know more friends here and introduce our zhuji pearl .

Back