Old Lady Needs Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
    Glad we could help! I'm sure the Freshadamas will be beautiful and I hope you will post photos when they arrive. It's educational for all of us to see what the different overtones look like.

I'm also happy to hear that PP is talking about more metallics after the first of the year as Jeremy didn't seem at all sure of that a few weeks ago. (I may get my metallic stud earrings after all, then.)
    But will the metallics cost significantly more when the new batch comes in in 2013? The current metallic whites page indicates that, whereas an 18" 8.0-8.5mm strand is now priced at $600, it will later cost $836. Rather a big difference there. But there should be more choice of overtones, I suppose.
    I didn't ask about a possible price increase tho it did occur to me there might be one.
    I will post pictures of the pearls when I get them.

Comment

About the length, how about getting a basket clasp, so that the length can be adjusted from say 18in to 20in?

Here is a pic of the clasp on my TPO 8-9mm strand for daily work wear:

DK
      Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Comment

Wow, that's lustrous, DK!

Comment

. I am also 50 and don't want to think of myself as an 'old lady' for at least another 30 years!! Can we change the name of this thread??[/QUOTE]

I do hope she was being tongue in cheek about being old at 50 - at 50 I still had all my own teeth and still dark red hair ;-).

Comment

Originally posted by dkan 168 View Post
            About the length, how about getting a basket clasp, so that the length can be adjusted from say 18in to 20in?

Here is a pic of the clasp on my TPO 8-9mm strand for daily work wear:

DK
            I didn't know you could do that with a clasp, but now I do for next time!

Comment

I took a couple of pictures of my pearls which came today. They are really pretty.
              I have one issue . The pearls seem strung a bit too tightly in one spot. Is this common when you first get them?
              I put the pictures in my album in my profile (not sure yet how to embed them in a post.) The quality is not great because I did them with an Ipad, but you can get a good idea of what they look like.

Comment

That's very typical with a newly knotted strand. You can gently roll the pearls back and forth around the tightest knots and it should loosen up. Otherwise it will relax on its own after a few wears. They are knotted tightly because the knots will relax after a few wears and you don't want spaces to start to develop.
                Jeremy Shepherd
                President and Founder
                PearlParadise.com, Inc.
                The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
                PearlParadise.com on Flickr
                PearlParadise.com on Facebook
                Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by jshepherd View Post
                  That's very typical with a newly knotted strand. You can gently roll the pearls back and forth around the tightest knots and it should loosen up. Otherwise it will relax on its own after a few wears. They are knotted tightly because the knots will relax after a few wears and you don't want spaces to start to develop.
                  Thanks! I figured it was common and could be easily dealt with.

Comment

Lovely! Are these Freshadamas?

To put the photo in your post, go to the page in your album and click on your photo. In the bottom right there are two codes. Use the one that starts with [ img ] (minus the spaces.)

Copy and paste that image link into your post.
                    Last edited by Pearl Dreams; 12-07-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Yes, yes, please put the photo with the light background here on the thread. Oh what the heck, both backgrounds! You did very well!

Comment

Working...
                      X