Thoughts on these pearl earrings

maiakity

I received these pearl stud earrings as a gift from my employer. I was just curious to your thoughts as to quality/value. They seem to be a nice size (the package said 8mm, but they seem even bigger to me than that?) I don't see any visible marks, pits, blemishes, or scratches at all. The luster looks nice (to my novice eye). They do seem slightly off-round, although look round from the front. Sorry about the semi-blurry photos, I just can't seem to get a good pic from my phone!

2012-10-12162452.jpg

2012-10-12162215.jpg

2012-10-12164946.jpg

They're beautiful, and sheesh, I say not bad from a cell phone!

They are set on Sterling Silver. The posts and backs are quite sturdy. I wore them today, and thought they looked pretty nice, although I have small earlobes so even 8mm pearls look quite large on me!

A slightly flatter shape works well for earrings so that they don't project as much. Very pretty! :)

I'm guessing they are freshwater pearls since they are slightly button shaped (not completely round)- and I agree that these are easier to wear as studs.

A slightly flatter shape works well for earrings so that they don't project as much. Very pretty! :)

I love it when the pearl hugs the earlobe. My favorite look is the inverted exclamation point, with big perfect teardrops dangling, or big plump single rounds swinging off the button. Oh, clusters of smaller pearls dangling below... OK, three favorite perfect looks for buttons and drops! Plus Adeline's clusters!

Back