Chinese pearl question

WilhelmS

Hello pearl lovers, Wilhelm here!

I've had some communications with a company in China called Shanxiahu Pearl Group, and before deciding to do business with them, I was curious whether any members might have experience with them.

I tried that but the name is also a town so it doesn't turn up much information. The company is a wholesale Chinese pearl company.

I am considering doing business with them. They claim to be a big producer of Chinese pearls, but before sending them my money I wanted to know if anyone knows of them or has done business with them so I am not taking a huge risk.

When I went to their website a huge red warning came up from my Web of Trust, which ranks sellers according to trustworthiness of their website, vendor reliability, child safety, and privacy. That means, I would not go to that website because I could get malware or other intrusive things.Their privacy rating is really bad, it probably means they track you, put a cookie on your machine, then send spam or sell the address to spammers. This site is ranked"poor" to "dangerous" on all the criteria. So I will go no further in trying to evaluate them for you. I already got my evaluation!

When I went to their website a huge red warning came up from my Web of Trust, which ranks sellers according to trustworthiness of their website, vendor reliability, child safety, and privacy. That means, I would not go to that website because I could get malware or other intrusive things.Their privacy rating is really bad, it probably means they track you, put a cookie on your machine, then send spam or sell the address to spammers. This site is ranked"poor" to "dangerous" on all the criteria. So I will go no further in trying to evaluate them for you. I already got my evaluation!

Their web site or the web site that I linked to above? They don't appear to have an active web site. The link above is China.cn. It's a web site that has loads of Chinese companies listed on it.

I am not sure, but the link you gave led to a site where people abuse those 4 criteria. I do not go any further when I get a message like that. Your company could be fine but the online site to which you provided the link, is not safe to use. Use at your own risk.

Thanks Caitlin, I went in and tossed my cookies..... just in case!

That's strange indeed. I've checked with AVG, Trend Micro and Norton, and all say that the site is safe and threat free of all malware.
http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=en.china.cn

Even your Web of Trust doesn't rank the site that poorly.Web of Trust ranking is based on user reviews. It simply has no reviews yet.
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/china.cn

Regardless, there is another info link on Tradekey for the company. If anyone does have experience with them I'd appreciate the recommendation.
http://www.tradekey.com/company/Zhejiang-Shanxiahu-Pearl-Group-500895.html

They are as they say. They are one of the five large companies based out of Zhuji, China, and are very well known. They have a large processing facility across the street from Grace Pearl, and have a small wholesale office in Hong Kong. They typically have a booth at the Hong Kong jewelry shows.

My experience with them has been mixed. Dealing face to face things have been fine. However, once I ordered product from them via email and received completely unacceptable merchandise, so I've never dealt with them that way again, even though I was able to return the goods.

I thought I was careful to say it was the gateway site that came up with bad ratings, and I would not go past that to find the actual site.

Yellow ratings are not good. They indicate the raters thought it was less than good on those four criteria, but at least it isn't in the red zone as the gateway ip is!

There is nothing wrong with the site or the link the OP posted. The Website is just a list of corporations and manufacturers in China. It's like Alibaba. There is no malware or other issues with the site.

My WOT is wrong, then.

But they haven't gotten any comments yet. Comments have nothing to do with ratings. Ratings are not based on comments, but on user scores of the site with some algorithms applied to reduce bias. Although they do check spam and other sites, they use those to compliment the users ratings. That rating means the average rating of the people using the company is not very high. Perhaps others have had similar experiences to JS.

Last edited:
Back