Best place for inexpensive pearls?

callire

I missed the exotics (wasn't on the mailing list) :( but I suppose it's for the best because I shouldn't be spending much money :p

Anyway, I'm looking to give a inexpensive gift to one of my friends since she's nervous about starting college in few days. We have a running joke that pink pearls are for "happiness and good luck!" So I want to send her off with some ;) I already have pink stud earrings (thanks PP!), but I'm also looking for maybe a cute pink fw pearl pendant (SS maybe w/chain?) to go with them. First, I thought ebay, but that can be pretty unreliable and take forever with shipping. Maybe overstock or amazon? It doesn't have to be incredibly amazing quality or anything since she's not a fanatic like me :D I was hoping for maybe >$20 (heh... I'm a broke student), which isn't great, but I think it's doable.

If you want a whole strand, the bead store is the best place to get them, but you will have to make it yourself. Some SoftFlex wire, some tornado crimps and a clasp, will do it and it is SO easy with those materials. You can also add gimp (aka french wire or French bullion) to cover the wire at the tips.

For a pendent, you can look at the bead store, but it is not as likely to find. I'd say for a pendent, look at some of our sellers stuff -like pattye on etsy can probably make you a pendent. She the only one I can think of in the continental US. Where are you?

Back