Freshwater overtones

ilse

Hello,

This is my first post in the forum. I've very much enjoyed learning about freshwater pearls and admiring everyone's collections. :)

I want to buy a strand of pearls with the kind of grey/beige tone you see in south sea pearls. Of course I realize it'll have to be a very approximate resemblance but does anybody have any recommendations as to where to start looking?

no one retailer is going to specialize in a particular overtone of freshwater pearls and stock changes frequently. Just shoot out an email describing what you are looking for and they will let you know what they have.

Also, having an example of the color you're describing will be extremely helpful for whichever vendor you decide to work with... Color is so relative, and it can be tricky to nail an exact shade based upon a description!

Thanks so much to everyone who's replied. You're so right about describing color in words. I will try to find a picture to post as an example.

Ilse:
I love the colors you are speaking of! Care Ehret has a bracelet on her site made of those colors. Last year I purchased exotics from Pearl Paradise and while playing with them discovered I could use some of them to make a (smaller) version of those colors. With some tiny 22kt gold spacers it looks very rich. And unique due to the differences in SS and CFW's. You might check around for someone with exotics who could look at Care Ehret's pics on the internet and approximate the look for you.
Just a thought.
barbie

Back