TPO Valentines Day Sale!

callire

I thought I'd start another sale countdown thread, because it's so much fun to obsess with others!

Has anyone bought the signature TPO cranberry pearls? I've always been curious to see real photos of them.

I have, and they are gorgeous! I got unfinished strands, and made a mixed rope of faceted onyx, several sizes of red pearls, clear rock quartz. They are a lovely red and very clean. Remember though, this is a new lot, and the color could certainly be somewhat different.
IMGP0596_resize.jpg

I can't wear black because I'm so pale... I look like death.

I really love the idea of the lace necklace, what a great idea! It looks so pretty and easy to wear. I think it would've been cute to have white pearls knotted with pink thread.

Not that we're trying to badger you into consumerism, Callire, but all pearls go with a collared white shirt! :)

Boo, Thanks!

I missed that!
Very nice!! Maybe I could do that with the PP loose pearl special--oops! Hope he doesn't put a copyright on that design!:p:D

I was biting my tongue about the onyx + pearl strand. The contrast is undeniable. Must... not... snark about well-meaning people. :)

question on cranberry pearls

question on cranberry pearls

Hello -

My first post on PG - but have been reading for the past few months. I won't take the time to really introduce myself now - but did want to ask a question that has been nagging at me.

Do any of you own any of these cranberry pearls? For some reason I am quite taken with them. I am concerned that since this is not a natural color for a pearl, that they actually end up looking more like red beads of some sort than actual red-colored pearls. I am thinking about the earrings - since they would be solo - not with a whole strand to back them up - that they would just look like red beads. I guess I would like to know if the special "pearl-ness" shows through despite their un-natural color!

Scallop lady

Hi scallop lady and welcome to p-g! Sounds like you are just taking your first steps down the slippery slope to poverty and complete addiction to pearls...

I haven't seen the actual TPO cranberry pearls, but have seen quite a lot that seem to be quite similar on recent buying trips. Yes, they will still look pearly... and quite pretty, too, I imagine!

I've sold lots of cranberry pearls..they are very popular. They could look like beads to some I suppose, but those who know, know. I'm actually wearing some as a bracelet today - along with the huge blacks as a necklace

Callire -

I've purchased 2 of the TPO cranberry strands, one as a Christmas gift in December (6.5-7 I think) and one sometime in late summer (7-7.5 I think). Both strands were nice and fairly-priced in my opinion, but when I compared them I was surprised to find that the colors were quite different. Not bad, just different. One is a deep berry color and the other is more reddish. If you are considering one you might want to think about/request a particular shade. Sorry no pictures - will see if the hubbie can come up with one (altho I can only do pics of the darker strand as the other was given away at Xmas).

-Carol

Cranberry pearls stud earrings

Cranberry pearls stud earrings

Thank you for the welcome! I went and bought myself a pair of the stud earrings - just to see for myself. (And because I had sort of been fantasizing about wearing them.)

They ARE very pretty. They're of the more deep berry color than the red as in some of the photos in the thread - more brown - maybe brick red - I think cranberry is a good name for them.

My DH thought they were nice - and gave them a very high compliment (for him) that they were "something different."

And - yes - you may be right about the addictive quality. I've purchased 3X more jewelry - all pearls of some sort in the last two months - than I normally do. (Well normally its nothing! So perhaps I mean additional not multiple.)

Pretty!

I don't think I'll leap for the cranberry pearls though, I'm far too pale to pull them off. They'd be pretty, but I think they'd clash with my skin. :(

Back