Lavender Freshadamas - Which strand would you choose and why?

SpaceNeedle

I'm very excited after many months of searching. I need opinions from you all.

Attachments

• LavStrands_.jpg
    LavStrands_.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 36
I'd pick either the first or the last. The second seems to have better orient but I like either blue or pink. Depends on personal preference and skintone though. I'd go with pink for my skintone (and obsession).

BTW, what size are they?

Oh, nice strands....
Glad it's not going to be me who has to make that decision as they're all gorgeous.
But I'd go for the second one in from the centre as it appears to be more blue and I adore the blue-ish lavenders. :)

My opinion is that all of those pearls are luscious! ;) Raison is right - skintone is everything.

Those are yummy. You have to pick just one?!?!?

My personal leanings are toward the center or the next one in. My opinion is influenced by the fact that I have mauve/pink pearls so am on the prowl for lavenders.

I'm not obsessive enough today to count them and guess at the size. So...what size are these?

I'd pick the last one because I love the Lavender color. All the strands are beautiful!!

I agree with Raisondetre, skintone will be important to your decision. How do they look if you lay all four strands over the back of your hand?

Pearl Paradise must have sent a photo for Space Needle to choose from so it's a distance decision.

We learned from Betty Sue King's Tahitian pearl "tin cup" necklace that the pearls you LIKE best, may not look good on your skintone. It was incredibly enlightening to have Betty Sue slide each color of pearl over your forearm. ;)

Wow!!! I was not expecting to see many replies within very short period to time. Thank you all very much for taking time to respond.

These are 8.5-9.0mm. Unfortunately I can get to choose only one :( I have requested PP if they could send them all to me so I can choose from the actual strands.

I should have stopped by at PP when I was in LA 2 weeks ago :mad::mad:.

I like the centermost one because the pearls seems better matched than the next two; the color of the outermost one is not as much to my taste.

It's hard making the decision from a photo-- it would certainly be easier if you got the pearls on memo.

Absolutely get all of them! Imagine what fun you'll have draping them over your hand, holding them up to your face, trying on different blouses and seeing which suits which.

So... if you only pick one... where will the others end up? :D

Personally I'd go for either of the center two. On the other hand, could you make a four strand necklace just as it is? I don't know what that would match, but it would be a gorgeous necklace.

If you can get them to "try on" do it. Nothing is the same as that. I have tried on a lot of different colored pearls and some of them on me look really yucky, and some of them I want to graft to my neck (literally almost).

The first looks like they're very well matched. But the color wouldn't look as good on me.
The two center ones look like they've got a bit more orient, but they don't look as well matched. Personally, in a lavender strand I like a slight variety of tone. It adds to the unique look of the necklace. I like the color of the fourth strand, but I'd probably choose one of the center strands, if it were me. What's your skin tone like?

Hello! Congratulations these strands are a beauty!! Colorwise I would choose the two in the middle. It is hard to compare luster, etc., from a photo I agree with you. I can only say that I have seen more strands ""pink"' and light "'lavender"" than these two strands at the middle.

They dont even look even colorwise....and that makes it to me more interesting...its just like you had a sampling of lilac and bronze hues...they look more natural to me. Would like to mention that on the last HKFair I did see dyed colour freshwaters of very good quality....almost as good as the ones on this photo!!!!

Buyers beware!!!! Of course you see these dyes more on the Tahitian pearl colours and not so much on the pinkish strands....I am sure we want all to know....which one did you choose at the end?

Have you seen them yet, SpaceNeedle?

I'm guessing from the picture that the colors are slightly graduated from more copper/pink (outermost) to more blue (innermost) ... and all strands look beautifully matched (perhaps the outermost most even? Hard to tell. Not fair to the pearls to do this from a pic...), round and unmarked. Don't expect to see pinprick imperfections on each and every pearl from a picture like this. These pearl things are so darn tridimensional!

I'd choose based on color, personal taste - they are so darn nice in every impersonal quality aspect... ;)

Thanks for posting the teasing, tempting picture, Btw.

_____

PS. Speaking of choice by color....

The second strand (counting inward) does it for me - it seems to have a surreal mix of cold and warm copper tones...

I'm quite unsure why the stronger overtone colors are not recognized more as a value factor for these freshwater pearls (as if there would be much of that talk anywhere but on this forum, LOL!). There can be oily blues and greens on lavender ... but I am very unsure that going for them will ever make any difference in price / value as they do on Tahitian pearls - there's no recognition. Which has a good side: you can just go for what you like and no one will be any wiser ;)

Random thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, am I a Philistine?
I'm currently stringing a 38 inch rope of lavenders and have deliberately picked pearls that are not matched colourwise.
I much prefer mixed shades and hues within a colour range; I find the multitude of different colour overglows is totally mesmerising.
Every time I look at the pearls I see beautiful, glowing multicolours.
And, to my mind, the pearls look more real, as opposed to perfectly matched colours which can look faux.
But is this just me being ignorant? :eek:

Spaceneedle - my apology for going off subject.

I much prefer mixed shades and hues within a colour range...

Same here. Not nearly as keen on 'matching' as the common wisdom about it implies one should.... Understand why it is a price factor, but that's just cold :eek: judgement.

You inspire some dangerous thoughts, Sueki!

'Wonder if the range of tones on the 'Freshadama lavenders is broad enough for a multi-tone strand with sufficient contrast... Those four strands aren't quite: the range seems to cry out for a few lighter and a few darker pearls thrown in. But what a tempting image! :cool:

You all are awesome!!! It's very interesting to learn how a person would choose a pearl strand. Even though I have been reading this forum for a while, I totally forgot about the skin tone. :eek:

What's your skin tone like?

I'm an Asian with a bit darker skin tone. Here's me with my boys. Oh, trust me.. I won't keep my photo here for too long.

sure we want all to know....which one did you choose at the end?

I have not made the decision yet. I will probably receive these strands from Jeremy next week. I'm sure it will be very difficult to choose from them.

[Photo removed :)]

It sounds like most of you prefer mix of overtones and I tend to agree.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
I have found that with the pink to lavender pearls there will always be just one strand which really lights up against a customer's skin. You will know it when you try it.

Back