wedding anniversary gift

I would go for bigger and slightly off round. Off round and with some flaws are only noticeably off round and with some slight flaws if you are looking closely at the pearls from a few inches away. The inexperienced eye just does not make out the lack of perfect round or tiny flaws
and buttons are my preference for ear studs too. I think anything but the smallest rounds tend to stick out too much
And as a mum, anything you decide will be lovely

...buttons are my preference for ear studs too.

Since we're talking: isn't it funny that almost no one sells button-shaped studs as a separate, finer category of baroque? Not to say, finer category full-stop - it really is so obvious that is the best shape for studs :rolleyes: And this, while the largest freshwaters are often buttons to boot!

Hi ZB 32,

The difference in the grades you mentioned would be very slight, and only with strands side by side would you be able to discern a small difference in lustre, perhaps a few more small marks on some of the pearls, you might even have a difficult time seeing any difference at all. I think you will get a beautiful strand without overspending, and your Mom will be Thrilled!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Back