Freshwater "rebirth" pearls

I think that the petal pearls are regenerated after the mollusk has produced the coin pearls. The pearls in Nerida's photo is probably regenerated pearls after the mollusk has produced the normal pearls.

The second generation pearls have "similar" form of the first generation pearls because of the sac.

Here are some pearls I just received today from, well, my favorite pearl seller. I love them and they are gorgeous. The description explained that they fit the description of 2nd generation or reborn pearls, and when one was cut open there was no bead. They are really wild (and insane, and breathtaking and gorgeous). If I were going to give them a name, I would call them Poo Pearls, because, well the shape is kind of like poo. (sorry) They have some interesting features, including some bumps that look like a bead might be trying to escape, and a round hole in one. The colors are phenomenal, and Iʻm excited to figure out what to do with them. So, here are some pictures. :D

Attachments

• poopealrstrand.jpg
    poopealrstrand.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 37
  • poopearls2.jpg
    poopearls2.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 37
  • poopearls.jpg
    poopearls.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 36
  • pearlbumps.jpg
    pearlbumps.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 38
  • pearlbump2.jpg
    pearlbump2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 38
Hi Sheryl - I have bought some very similar. The ones in my earlier post are probably like that (and my others) only a little more even in texture and colours. I actually bought them as insane, wild, gorgeous iridescent superlative-laden pearls from one of our favourite sellers, too!

Back