First Time Pearl Buyer, Please can you help

Well, for our Vendors on the Internet the regular freshwaters would mean AAA-grade, the next step would be Gem quality (no orient but otherwise as the Freshadamas/Presidental pearls) and the last step is the Freshadama/Presidental quality with orient showing... Check the posts for more information...

Wonderful pictures!

I love seeing the pearls "ON"!!!! Wear them in the best of health and happiness.

Sueki,

your Citystrands look great on you! I have to look if I have 2 opera lengths I could wear together as well. But I think I have only each of the opera lengths in different colours. What would you think about wearing 2 colours, as for example white and lavender? Would that disturb the overall look?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sueki,

your Citystrands look great opn you! I have to look if I have 2 opera lengths I could wear together as well. But I think I have only each of the opera lengths in different colours. What would you think about wearing 2 colours, as for example white and lavender? Would that disturb the overall look?

Ooooh, Jerin, you're telepathic ! :eek:
My sole reason for buying one City strand was because I have a 38 inch lavender strand which I wear together with an opera length akoya necklace.
The akoyas are old and yellowed, so I thought it'd be nice to have some white pearls to team with the lavenders.
But, of course, by the time I'd accessed the PearlParadise site (all of a couple of seconds) I'd decided that two City strands would be even nicer than one......:D

Sueki,

I have a total of 4 opera length strands (luckily 2 whites) and one in lavender and one in salmonpink, so I am going to experiment with them to see what they look like together... Thanks for thinking of me as a telepathic - in some cases I have been...

I love double strands!! Long or short, they love marvelous! But they will have to wait. I bought too many pearls this year.

Airdancer,

I know what you mean... but your time will come, I am sure! And until then you can look at different strands so you know exactly what kind you are going to buy or make for yourself. Integrity Pearls is in the play again and if you can make do with more commercial pearls than high-end, they have very good prices and many types of freshwater pearls. Integrity.com is their Web-site address.

Jerin,
Oooh, lavender with salmon pink sounds a delicious combination !

Sometimes, when I can't decide which of two completely different strands to wear, I'll wear them both as I figure it'd be really good of me to let others see a double helping of beauty.......:D

Venturing to purchase my first freshwater pearls and was wondering whether any of you may have good recommendations on where to begin searching. I have seen pink colored freshwater pearls in magazines and they look beautiful. Don't want to get hyped on a purchase though...

Back