Nucleated FW Pearls at Ross Simons?

Ross-Simons is one of the stores I visited here in CT before ordering my Freshadamas-- I wanted to see what I could get locally first. All the CFWP in their showcase had lower luster and were unappealing. Worse than the CFWP in other mall stores, even. They looked significantly duller than their Akoyas (which were also not so great.)

Their catalogs (available in the store) always make their pearls look lustrous; however seeing them in person, I was not tempted.

Bummer! They aren't a pearl store, that's for sure. ;)

Thanks for all the replies. Ross Simons has has an interesting pearl ring that somebody posted on PG (with channel set small freshwater pearls), so that's why I ended up looking at the site when the coupon arrived in my email. I didn't plan on actually buying them, but thought it interesting that they actually had nucleated freshwater pearls - they aren't something you see on jewelry stores for the general market (at least not that I have seen). New trends a comin'...

John

Thanks for all the replies. Ross Simons has has an interesting pearl ring that somebody posted on PG (with channel set small freshwater pearls), so that's why I ended up looking at the site when the coupon arrived in my email. I didn't plan on actually buying them, but thought it interesting that they actually had nucleated freshwater pearls - they aren't something you see on jewelry stores for the general market (at least not that I have seen). New trends a comin'...

John

John, would that be the pea-pod looking ring set in rose gold? That was darn fine. Of course, I still have my eye on the crown ring made of pearls. After I posted it, it started showing up in banner ads all over the net. I'll bet they sell a lot of the featured items. ;)

That's the one! I thought the design was very clever. You can get it for 20% off now ;-)

I had fun at the last September fair in Hong Kong going through trays and trays of fireballs. They had heaps of trays with "pairs" matched up, and other big containers full of these delights. I bought a few pairs and have sold all but one pair. I thought I was going to do all sorts of unusual things with them, like dangle them on long chains etc, but my customers just wanted them set with plain ole' gold studs so that nothing interferes with the beauty of the pearls. They wanted to feel them dangling just beneath their earlobes!

Back