The Pearl Outlet + Frederic Duclos

Hi Pandaexpress,
I too am interested in this necklace. Your girlfriend has good taste.;)

The way the pearls are stacked give a wider total look to the piece, bet it is just lovely! also appears to have some "Platimized" sterling beads throughout. Love the adjustibility too!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I like the way he made the threading material an unabashed part of the design.

What threading material is it? It looks like it could be silver.

The wreath style piece looks lovely; I would assume the necklace is threaded with Sterling wire... Since the pearls range from 4.0-6.0mm, and there is two or three pearls per row, I would estimate that the total width of the piece would be 1/2" or so in the front- which should be just fine for your girlfriend. ::)

I like the 'platinumized' term- that made me giggle a little, but it's a great idea! That the platinum plating will prevent the sterling from oxidizing and tarnishing is the best part about it barring the design!

Q: How are the pearls 'held' into place? I don't see any crimps or wirewrapping keeping the pearls stationary on the wire. If they are allowed to slide back and forth, then wear and tear around the drill shaft should be taken into consideration.

I saw a woman wearing a necklace with a similar design. It was quite striking. The one I saw was made of bigger pearls, but if the 1/2" guess is correct it will certainly be noticeable.

Sorry, I was out sick this week, so I didn't have a chance to post on this thread yet. The necklace is just under 1/2" wide. I wouldn't worry about wear on the pearls. They don't move around on the wire.

All of Duclos' pieces are quite exquisite. He really puts his heart and skill into every piece he designs. We're working on adding more of his pieces in the future as well. Some include coral and pearls, which, I think, is a great combination.

Ohhh- any chance of red coral / black tahitians? Or black coral (yes, I know- hard to get, and very expensive...) and White South Seas?? My over-active imagination is already getting dizzy thinking of the possibilites... I wish I was a goldsmith :rolleyes:

Hey Terry-
Thanks for the reply! Hope you feel better. His designs really are striking. Any chance you have a pic of it in real life, maybe even on a model? Maybe you can PM it? Thanks for any info.

Unfortunately, I don't have a pic of it on someone. I'll see if I can have one of the ladies in the office model it for you, and get a pic that way.

Hi Terry,
Thank you. That would be most helpful.:) Can you also have the lady model the bracelet too? I am interested in seeing how the bracelet looks on the wrist.

Here's a quick (ie non-professional) picture of one of our gals wearing the necklace and bracelet.

Duclos-modeled.jpg

I like the look of the necklace and the way it sits, but I don't care for the bracelet as it looks too stiff.

Dang! The necklace looks a lot better on a person than I was expecting. The wish list grows... ;)

Back