Question on earrings

Reiah

I'm a lurker, been reading all your posts. Thanks so much for all the information!

I collect Pearl earrings, my favorites are anything that dangles. I've been browsing the online pearl stores a lot and have found that 90% of decorated earrings come in Akoya and not FWCP. I really like all the different Akoya pearl earring designs. Just wondering why don't they come in FWCP? I'm thinking that with all-nacre would be better for the earrings over the long-haul, right?

My ulterior motive is that since I collect earrings, i could buy more if they came in FWCP too. . .

No v-day pearl gifts for me - - hubby is in Paris for biz. :(
He did say I should go buy what I wanted... but it takes all the romance out of it. I guess I should be used to it, but we've only been married for 7 years. Will I be buying my own presents from now on? Any suggestions on how to hint to him that I like pearls and need some necklaces?

Reiah

Last edited:
Ah - another earring gal! I would imagine that since the findings don't care what pearl gets glued to them, you could always call and ask to substitute CFWP (I have never tried this myself, so I could be wrong...) Or go the Lowly Beader route and make up your own :D

My husband almost never buys my gift on his own. He generally waits for me to rave about something and then tells me to go ahead and buy it for (insert occasion here.) For Christmas, I told him he would pretty much be safe in buying me *anything* from DruzyDesign. Sigh - you'd think he knows me well enough by now to have gone for pearls but instead I got a pretty pair of emerald earrings. They are quite nice, but still: sweetie? pearls? :p At least I got the exotics for Valentines Day...

Lets try this photo again. Which one is the certified Hanadama and which is the gem quality freshwater known as Freshadama?

Attachments

• freshwater%20and%20akoya.JPG
    freshwater%20and%20akoya.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 46
Reiah - You might want to check out PearlOasis. They have a diverse selection of dangle earrings (I am a dangle lover, too!) and I have been perfectly satisfied with my purchases from there - plus there is a 30 day return policy.

Can I just piggy-back a earring question - well, you can't stop me anyways ;). As you guys probably know my ears aren't pierced and I don't intend to get them pierced at all. I love the look of dangles, and boo so kindly made me a pair of Akoyas that absolutely cannot put down. I see tons of dangle earrings on the vendors' websites - the question is, is it possible to get them converted to say screwbacks? The frenchwires just don't seem to look the same.

Can I just piggy-back a earring question - well, you can't stop me anyways ;). As you guys probably know my ears aren't pierced and I don't intend to get them pierced at all. I love the look of dangles, and boo so kindly made me a pair of Akoyas that absolutely cannot put down. I see tons of dangle earrings on the vendors' websites - the question is, is it possible to get them converted to say screwbacks? The frenchwires just don't seem to look the same.

I'm sure if you ask most would do them for you with screw backs. I got my ears pierced because the clip ons and screw ons HURT though. Mind you, so did having my ears pierced lol.

Reiah the only thing I would add is check out the customer reviews of Premium Pearl on this forum there are mixed reviews - so buyer beware...

I haven't had much problem with screwbacks - quite comfortable actually. Clipons are the killer but the ones boo made for me are perfect. I don't typically wear earrings for more than a couple hours anyways. If they made dangles with screwbacks I'd be in heaven.

PandaExpress-
Thanks for the tip on reading other threads -- I am now better educated about those 2 websites and will remain skeptical.

I have accumulated most of my pearl earrings from Macy's one day sales. LoL. I've checked pearl oasis and american pearl too. So I'll let everyone knows what i end up with.
bed time... :)

Back